“AWESOME, RELAXING, FANTASTIC Vacation”

Luna Encantada Vacation Condos
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I had never been to Mexico, we went on a family trip with 8 of us. The condo was perfect and in the most perfect spot in Playa, we were close to everything from shopping to food to the ferry to Cozumel. I plan to go back and stay here many times I hope! It is very clean, the staff are all wonderful - I did not want to leave to come home!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Jill1967_10

Reviewed April 27, 2010

We just returned from our second trip to Luna Encantada in the past 8 months. We had a fantastic time and are already planning to go back next April. This is the best location on the beach. if you are traveling with your family and need two or three bedrooms the value and location can not be beat. The staff at this condo complex which includes security is very helpful. Private area on the beach with chairs and umbrellas make it the envy of all passers by. We have now spent 16 nights and never had an issue with noise or music from the adjacent restaurants. Bang club next door now services Luna patrons while they bask in the sun, providing drinks and food right to your chairs til 6pm at night. This evidently was by agreement as they no longer play music past 7 pm. The fusion restaurant has fire shows on the beach every night at 10pm. They have music til midnight. We walked right to Walmart to stock our unit with snacks, food and beer. We took advantage of 5th ave shopping just steps away. We enjoyed many local restaurants including Fogons,Don Marios and Fusion. Too many advantanges of staying here to pass it up.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank prq33
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We chose Luna Encantada for our family vacation. Huge mistake! I should have known better when I read that the owners had installed hurricane glass to keep out "unwanted noise". Luna is sandwiched between two night clubs, one of which was open all night long. Between the banging of the music, and the beach traffic that the club to the south generates, it is impossible to get a good nights sleep. The units representative (we stayed in F2) acted surprised when I called to discuss our concerns. After further research, I found that Luna Encantada had a long history of noise problems, and that they had installed the hurricane glass in an attempt to deaden the noise. Nice try, but it did not work! I guess this is my own fault; if I would have done more research before booking, I would have known that this was not a place for a relaxing vacation.

The interior of the condo was nice, although the beds in the the smaller bedrooms were not very comfortable. One family member chose to sleep on the couch as it was more comfortable than the bed. The housekeeper did an adequate job and the security people were very nice. The grounds and the small pool were kept clean and in good condition.

There were many good restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

My husband and I have traveled to Playa del Carmen many times in the last 19 years. We intend to vacation there, again, but not at Luna Encantada!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank VonnyS12
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This is our 4th trip to Playa, and our second stay at Luna Encantada. We have stayed in another 2nd floor unit, and noticed a difference in this unit. First, the cleaning service is not as thorough as the professional service provided by the management company. When we arrived, we were supposed to be able to check in to our unit at 3, but the unit was not clean until after 5. This could be because instead of the the teams that clean the other properties, there is one poor woman in charge of cleaning for this owner. During our stay, when she cleaned, I would come back to the unit just to find the towels in the dryer, there for me to fold and put away. I know this is a little point, but in the other units, the towels were simply replaced with new towels AND the linens were changed every other day. The other comment I would make is that the owner might want to consider buying new linens, as the ones in the unit are threadbare with holes and very thin. He might also consider new pillows - all of the ones in the unit are lumpy and very uncomfortable.

That being said, Luna is a fantastic location in the center of Playa close to 5th Avenue and right on the beach. The security service and the management company are right on top of making sure the property is well maintained. One thing they are working on is replacing the beach lounges - quite a few of which are broken. When I told them that a number of lights and the ceiling fan were not working, they returned in the hour to replace and fix the problems.

If you want a great location in Playa stay at Luna Encantada - just be careful which unit you rent - they are not all the same.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BostonTraveler01
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Due to the high price, lack of running water, noise and safety issues that were totally
not addressed by the owner, after many months continue to await a responce, I can not return to this property. Paid for a week of first class experiance and received less than
expected, indeed much less with safety issues that were communicated prior to arrival,
and indeed presented a issue...If only the owner had provided as requested, a step
stool to the high bed....things would have been fine, not great, but acceptable, due to other issues listed above.

To date have never heard back from owners regarding issues, no comp, no nothing.
I understand Mom called the owner, and was told, "your in Mexico".

Buy it if yo see fit, however if there are any issues, you have no recourse, the owners keep your 5000 usd per week and will not respond....Best to stay at a well run international hotel. I have never had such issues at the Westin, and the Westin is indeed top shelf, yes no kitchen, however no worn out furniture, bedding , or BBQ .

Sorry to the owners from the US Rocky Mountains, I can not book this unit again.
If you care to rsvp pls advise and contact me.

Rgds
jdrtahoe

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank jdrtahoe
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We are finishing up our stay here at Luna Encantada Unit D3. We'll never stay anywhere else but Luna Encantada when we stay in Playa. Perfect location on the beach, great booking experience with Tonya, great staff on site with Benjamin, Jose, and Alberto.
When we arrived there were a few minor problems and one major problem with A/C not working in the spare bedroom. All problems were addressed that same day to our satisfaction. Never have I had service like that in all the years I have come to Mexico to vacation. Professional, prompt, and polite service personal right down to the very much appreciated 24 hour security guards. Our condo was just perfect. The roof top deck is simply awesome. I believe these ocean front condos have the best view in Playa and they are very centrally located off of 5th avenue. Everything you might need for supplies is at Mega (better than Walmart) and is a 20 minute walk or $2.50 tax cab ride away. You can save a ton of $$ buying your own booze and food. Add to that we arrived the day the beach restoration was finished and the beach opened up the next day. Now 40 yards of new beautiful and soft beach sand to the water. This is ocean front baby....it just doesn't get any better in Playa, in my humble opinion. Not cheap, but as the saying goes...you get what you pay for!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rikbo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Luna Encantada is all about Location Location Location. Right on the ocean with Stupendous views, a slight cooling breeze & a beautiful Horizon Pool. Gated, security staff, on site manager, and Benjamin is on site & can help with trips, activities, Cooks etc etc. Right next to Fusion Resteraunt. Meals are 50 steps away.
We rented C1 3 bed, 2 bath. Very happy with the furniture & layout, decorations.
everybody at the pool voiced similar comments.

My son wants to go back in January2010, and, I know I will be back again. Thanks Tonyia

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family