Casa Ticul Hotel by Koox Luxury Collection
$228
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$297
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelrooftop breakfastgreat boutiquebeach clubstreet noisecomfortable bedsevery morningflights of stairsincluded breakfastfresh fruitlocation was perfectsmall poollarge showerwould highly recommend this hotelrestaurants and barsroom numberave
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I can highly recommend this small boutique hotel just off the busy part of Ave. 5. and very quiet. The beach is just over the street and within 5-10 minutes by foot you're in the bar & restaurant area. It is very stylish, yet affordable with a small pool and a beautiful roof-deck, perfect for breakfast or drinks. The staff is very helpful and really friendly. I arrived 1 day prior and it was no problem at all. Next time in Playa, I'd probably go there again

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michi_J
Reviewed July 30, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, close enough to restaurants and nightlife, but at an acceptable distance from crowds and noise. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I returned to Playa.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank df20100607
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Perfect location far enough away from the hullaballoo but close enough to walk there. Great staff and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Hotel Casa Ticul was an amazing choice for our stay in PDC. I always want to find a hotel with a great location and decent rooms. Hotel Casa Ticul had a great location, just steps from the beach and just off the main strip which is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel... AND the rooms were MUCH better than just decent. Also we were given passes to rent lounge chairs at mamitas beach everyday which was fantastic!

The staff at this hotel are beyond accommodating and are always striving to go above and beyond their normal duties.... which I LOVED! They are always making sure that you are enjoying your stay and giving you great advice on where to eat, drink, and relax! Overall I could not have asked for a better staff... seriously amazing!

The rooms were spectacular as well.... from the comfortable beds to the amazing toiletries provided by the hotel. The soap, shampoo... everything was made out of great materials and smelled amazing.

If we were to go back to PDC we would not hesitate at all to stay at Hotel Casa Ticul again. It would be the first on my list...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bran92011
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I just got back from a 3 day stay at Casa Ticul. I was very happy with my stay there. They currently have a 40% discount promotion, so we paid 88 USD a night including tax. The rooms are very comfortable. The beds are wonderful, there is reliable wireless internet, the shower has plenty of water pressure and hot water, and the bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch too. The pool area is also very nice. I thought it was great that there were bathrooms by the pool as well, plus a shower to rinse off from the beach. The hotel has a roof terrace. The breakfast is served there in the morning, and at night, it's a nice place to look at the stars. I even saw a shooting star from the terrace. However, the roof terrace is up 3 flights of stairs, so if you have a problem with stairs it might be difficult for you to get to the breakfast.
The hotel is located about a five minute walk from the beach. They provide complimentary passes to use chairs at Mamitas Beach Club and another club. We used the passes for Mamitas. The passes also include a 10% discount on the food at Mamitas, but be aware that they require that you show the pass before they bring your bill, or you won't get the discount. The hotel is about a 15 or 20 minute walk to the center of Playa nightlife on 12th Street.
One thing that keeps me from giving this hotel 5 stars is that there is very little light in the hotel rooms. I understand that they are probably trying to create a relaxing or maybe romantic mood, but I'd like to have the option of regular lighting too. It was just too dark. Fortunately, the bathroom area has enough light to get ready by. I also would have liked to see more variety with the breakfast.
Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Casa Ticul and would definitely consider staying there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaraMc81
yoyo68, Director of Sales at Casa Ticul Hotel by Koox Luxury Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Dear sedonico:

thanks for your comments to us is very important, in fact with the intention of giving a romantic atmosphere. light, using it not high but
we are working on the lights in the rooms now.
Hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Playa del Carmen.

Paola Baquedano.