“Great stay in Playa”
Review of Hotel Casa Ticul

Hotel Casa Ticul
Ranked #94 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights in Jul/Aug 2012 and had a fabulous stay. The location of the hotel is perfect, it is on the main street (5th Ave) but a bit out of all the action (5 min walk) so nice and quiet. Only a very short walk to the beach and loved the fact that we got free access to 3 different beach clubs during the day (we went every day). The breakfast on the roof every morning was lovely and the pool in shade was great for afternoons when you needed to get out of the sun and heat. Staff very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor which we really enjoyed
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
yoyo68, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Our location is one of the virtues that our guests enjoy, with walking distance you can find the beach club we offer.

Thanks for the comment!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I don't get why casa ticul is so highly ranked. The hotel is ok. Nothing special. Rooms are ok and clean. But is not the charming boutique hotel that I expected. What also bothered me was the noise. Maybe we had some bad luck because of the location of our room. We heared everything that was going on outside our room. People laughing and talking and coming home from partying. I slept (or tried to sleep) whit earplugs.

Breakfast is nice, on the roofterrace and the free beachclub access was also a big plus!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joooolien
yoyo68, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

We regret not having reached your high expectations, we will work to always be better for our guests.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Ola Amigos

I just came back from a sun drenched Playa Del Carmen eight day stay and once again so happy that I chose to stay with Casa Ticul. This boutique gem continues to live up to its reputation, offering what I think is one of the best and biggest bang for your dollar or peso.

Any request from a bucket of ice in your room every evening for a cold drink after a long day at the beach. Or personally escorting you down to the local convenient store to assist you in exchanging tonic water you mistook for sparkling water. Those are just a couple of the conveniences that this hotel and its friendly staff offer to ensure the guest experience is everything it should be. They are also happy to assist you with more commonly requested things like directions, restaurant recommendations and reservations, most anything that you would need or could think of.

What I found to be one of the most beneficial amenities that this smart boutique hotel offers was a complimentary day pass at Mamitas Beach Club, Canibal Royal and Las Palapas. I chose to spend most of my beach time at Las Palapas, which offers a 10 percent discount on food and drink. They also don't charge an additional fee for use of their larger beach loungers like Mamitas and Canibal Royal.

The modern and eclectic accommodation's are one of the main reasons I choose to stay with Casa Ticul. My room was thoroughly cleaned and cool upon my return from my daily sun worshiping. And the bed is one of the most comfortable beds that I have experienced in my travels to the Mayan Riviera. I also appreciated the complimentary honey shampoo, conditioner and body wash, not to mention the ever important deet free mosquito repellent lotion.

I don't want to forget to mention that the complimentary breakfast with its daily specials were always delicious. And the staff are always happy to accommodate any special request from an american omelet to eggs sunny side up.

A Beach Comber Traveler recommended stay.

Hosta La Proximaosta

Please look for more of my favorite Playa Del Carmen hotels and restaurants in my up incoming blogs. Please go to beachcombertraveler.com or Beach Comber Traveler on facebook for more beach travel recommendations for the best hotels, restaurants and other related topics on the Mayan Riviera.

Room Tip: I prefer room 5,6 or 7 on the first floor...they seem to be the most quiet and are located convientl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PDHayden

We are happy to see our guests when they return a second time! We look for ways to surprise them with something new as it is on this occasion, the different options for beach club we offer and other amenities

Thanks for the nice comment!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel gives the impression of a bed and breakfast with hotel amenities. The staff are very competent and friendly. Thanks much for the FREE breakfast, as a diver it helped me get a good start everyday! The rooms are very clean and kept that way by the staff. I will be returning to Hotel Casa Tucil for my next visit to PDC in September. I do not hesitate to recommend to all.

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor room, there is no elevator but for a small mechanical conveyance that will...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for recommending! Always look for ways to be better so that our guests have a great vacation!

Thanks for the comment!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stay longer than planed for the great location and nice rooms. Is a place worth to stay!
In the reception always heplful, by far one of the best bed we have stay! They were very exclusive bio soaps that make it special! My girlfriend love it! Have a nice breakfast on the terase.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
yoyo68, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Mexican breakfast is always a good surprise for our guests, always looking for options to consent to our guests!

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We what booked Casa Ticul for 3 nights and loved it so much that we extended another 3 nights. The room was gorgeous, and was equipped with everything we needed. They even give you complimentary mosquito repellent and after sun gel! The room was spotless and larger than we thought. The location was spot on. We would definitely stay here again and recommend to all our friends!

• Stayed: June 2012

That's the magic of Casa Ticul, to make our guests feel at home away from home!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were meant to stay 5 nights and enjoyed it so much we extended our stay twice! Great location close enough to walk to all main bars and restaurants, but it still far enough away to be in a nice, quiet area which we really liked. The staff were fantastic and very friendly. They gave us great suggestions and were very helpful if we had any questions. This isn't a resort but a great boutique hotel where you can still relax and have a good time at. The hotel gives you free beachclub passes which are only a short walk away. Overall, great value for money!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
yoyo68, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Casa Ticul, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are happy to hear that our guests stay more days than planned, it makes us think we are doing a good job! Always ready for the different needs of our guests,