Hacienda Tres Rios
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$293
$235
  • Pool
$669
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$397
$261
  • Breakfast included
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$288
$239
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$450
$280
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
$244
$202
Orbitz.com
$864
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla(Playa del Carmen)
$387
$289
Melia.com
Great 4.5/5
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
$167
$781
$504
Excellent 5/5
6,307 results
All reviewssegway tournature parkthe grillsense adventurethree riverssports barthe mexican restaurantchef's tablelobster dinnerfamily pooltime sharebeach bedskids clubadult poolcasino nightsales presentationbeautiful resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay at Tres Rios for our honey moon, Everything couldn't have been more perfect!
I've never felt more pampered in my life. The service was excellent from check in to check out. The staff truly made us feel like royalty.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was absolutely beautiful. Everything was brand new and the room had to be close to 1300 square feet!! You truly have to see it to believe it.
While on the 300 acre resort my wife and I had the opportunity to swim in a fresh water cenote, snorkel down one of the resorts three fresh water rivers and spend hours relaxing on a mile of white sandy beach.
My favorite thing about the resort besides it's beauty and cuisine would have to be the friendliness of the staff. My wife and I couldn't believe how great the service was, everyone went above and beyond anything we have ever experienced. Mike K , CT

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkirdzik
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Wonderful hotel. Still a little work being done but did not interfere in any way. The pools are amazing. The staff basically meets any needs or wants and are very friendly. We traveled with our 5 year old daughter and we had no intentions of taking her to Kids Club but she went one afternoon and loved it. Silvia was amazing with the children. One afternoon they had a Spanish class and she came out with more words than my husband. This place has activities to offer so you don't even need to leave if you don't want to. We will be going back again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LakeTahoeHeather33
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We spent a family vacation at Hacienda Tres Rios (HTR) the second week of Aug 2009. HTR is a quiet serene place. If you are looking for a big raging party and a singles seen this is not the place for you. The property, pool, rooms and all of the facilities are beautiful and spotless clean. Many people have commented on the beach not being so nice but it is not that bad. The beach is fine and the beds are an interesting touch. The water is not the “blue” Cancun water and has some plant life in it. If you want to go into the water you can find places with sand. My wife had read about the “bad” beach and didn’t go for the first 5 days. When she finally made it to the beach she was pleasantly surprised. The beach was almost always empty, with less then 10 people every time we went.

Some of the biggest advantages of HTR are the cenote, river and grounds. We really enjoyed going to the cenote for a cool swim and using the kayaks. This is not something many resorts have and you must take advantage of this. One day my daughter and I kayaked from the ocean up stream to the cenote with our own snorkeling equipment. We left the kayak at the cenote and then snorkeled back down the river effortlessly with the current. A very unique experience! They also have a sail boat that you can take out or they will take you out at no charge.

I found the food to range from ok to very good depending on the meal, restaurant and what you ordered. We felt that the specialty restaurants like the Asian Fusion and the Italian to be the best. Don’t be afraid to go off menu and ask for whatever you want not just what is on the menu. Off Menu examples we had included; surf and turf at the grill, salmon at the grill, fettuccine with shrimp at the Italian. In general we thought the seafood to be some of the best food. We did tip many of the staff especially if they went out of their way to help us. Getting food and drinks at the pool was not difficult. Our drinks were rarely empty.

I have read many comments about the price and value. Some people transferred their time share and then spent $150 a day pp for the all inclusive. We paid less then half of that including the room. I would consider this an incredible value for what we paid. I don’t think we could find a better deal anywhere.

Overall we loved it and would go back.

I would like to point out some areas of improvement and how HTR could make some simple changes that would make guests stays better. It is very difficult to know what activities are going on each day and what the nightly show or event is going to be. They should have a board on the lobby of “Today’s activities”. The staff doesn’t even know and often needs to find out and get back to you. We had an issue with the lack of detail on the menu. We do not eat pork and my daughter ordered the lobster salad. The lobster came wrapped in bacon. They made her a new one without the bacon and we pointed out that the menu did not include the bacon much to their surprise. They need to somehow add a bathroom by the far pool near the beach. It is a long walk to the bath by the grill. (not sure how to solve that one) Some of the extras need more extras like the free DVD rental that has only 20 DVD’s or the video game rental that has only 1 game. I was told that the games were stolen by someone who signed them out a month ago? Charge them and buy new ones, it shouldn’t take a month if they want to be a 4-5 star resort.

Overall we loved it and would go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2009

If I could give this hotel more than 5 stars I would. My friends and I were so well taken care by each and every member of the staff! There was never a dull moment our week vacation. There was an amazing selection of activities to do, which were free might I add. I would like to suggest the Jaguar Tour with Ismael, snorkling and catamaran tour with Jorge, the Senses Tour (I was not able to do this one but people in my group loved it!) I would also suggest the tequila and wine tastings! Oscar the head chef has a wonderful talent for exotic food. There is an amazing staff as well, we felt so well cared for, thanks to Carlos for the special waffles (made by Santiago) at breakfast with fresh strawberries! Our poolside waiters Moises and Santiago were amazing! So quick and accommodating. By the second day many of the staff had taken the extra step to remember our first names.
We wanted to say a special thanks to Osiris, Luis (tours), Jacqueline (front desk), Santiago (amazing breakfast!), Samuel, Sergio, Jose (wine tasting), Roberto (entertainment/tours), Mariana (Bar tender), Jorge (Catamarans), Carlos (waiter), Santiago (waiter), Moises (waiter), Ismael (tours), Antonio (for making us our "fancy" coffee)! I'm sure that there were many others which we forgot to mention however, each of the staff did an amazing job caring for us! Thanks so much, we can't wait to return!
- Jen from Chicago, IL (One of the loud nurses!)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and I along with our teenage son and daughter stayed at Tres Rios August 22-29, 2009. There probably isn't enough space to describe what a wonderful time we had. Although this was obviously an off peak week, with occupancy below 50%(?), there was no let down as to the service and quality. The facility is built with eco torism as a primary focus. Cenotes are available on the property and there is a tremendous amount of activity devoted to reclaiming and restoring the ecology to its natural state (a result of the damage from the hurricane a couple years ago).
We have been to many properties on both coasts of Mexico over the past decade and I have to say this ranks as one of the best we have encountered. You can generally see how a place is managed through the faces of its employees. From the housekeeping staff to the waiters serving drinks on the beach, there was never anything but smiles. They went out of there way to meet any request we had.

The highlight of the vacation was getting to know Oscar- the Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager. He has an infectious smile and a genuine desire to exceed his client's expectations. He seemed to be always on the move- working with staff and interacting with guests. We had several special food requests and was amazed at how willingly they were accomondated. I spent many years in the hospitality industry when I was younger as a chef and manager and, upon request, was treated to a behind the scenes tour of the kitchen. I was impressed with the almost sterile working environment and the obvious competency of the culinary staff. To cap off this week we engaged in a special treat . My wife and I were provided a special private dinner to celebrate my birthday. {Oscar- my wife still raves about dessert!!!}
The wait staff couldn't have been friendlier in the restaurants. We knew them by name and they got to know us.

The food quality was superb. Top shelf alcohol.
Rooms were amazing ( we had a 2 bedroom suite- with 3 full bathrooms) No problem with noise. No problem with bugs.

The beds on the beach made me feel like I should be filming a Coronna commercial. The convenience of the location in proximity to Playa and Cozumel was a bonus.

The nightly entertainment was professional. The free internet cafe with the daily petite fours and tea sandwiches were incredible. Afternoon tea and evening martini bars on the veranda outside the restaurant was a nice touch.

I could go on and on. We will be back- soon!!

And to the owners of the resort- Oscar deserves a bonus for what he adds to the resort experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family