We recently stayed at Tres Rios and were very disappointed. From the time we checked in and found out they only had one of our two rooms. Matoya at the front desk did not seem the least bit phased by this. Said that he could send our three children (age 10, 14 & 17) on a 45 min shuttle to their sister hotel in Cancun, while my husband and I stayed there. Not an option. They kept blaming the booking company but we found out once we got home that the confirmation numbers come from the hotel and we had a number for each room. They had overbooked the hotel and we had to suffer. The five of us stayed in one room and had to repack our things the next day and move from a room that faced the pools and ocean to a room that faced tree tops. At least we had the two rooms. We spent several trips back to the front desk to see if they could refund that second room but after several days the only thing that Gina offered was a small credit at the hotel – which is all inclusive - would rather have the credit. The property is beautiful and there are several great employees. The front desk just was not very responsive. There are lots of things to do there. A favorite was the river where you can kayak and snorkel. Towards the end of our trip some friends had their sons rushed out of the water because of an alligator! The food at the buffet is just ok. We have stayed at another all-inclusive down the road and I wish it would have been more similar to that. For the amount of money we paid, it was very disappointing. We read some negative reviews before our trip but we are not high maintenance and thought it can't be that bad. Next time I'll listen to the reviews and choose someplace else. Not a relaxing trip. The front desk hassle made it very stressful. And the time share talk was high pressure and another waste of precious family time on vacation. Not worth the hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy and relax in a sustainable tourism luxury development in the Mexican Caribbean, our Spa & Nature Park make it the perfect spot for relaxing while your younger and more adventurous companions explore the beauty of the Riviera Maya within a safe environment such as this award-winning eco-luxury hotel integrated within Tres Ríos Nature Park. Be part of a paradise designed to restore and preserve the natural landscape without sacrificing the comforts and amenities of a five star all-inclusive hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico