“Excellent for us”
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

Hacienda Tres Rios
Ranked #65 of 211 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Destination wedding at this resort the last week of September 2013.
Weather was gorgeous, staff was VERY accommodating, and resort was
very clean with window washers, folks windexing & soaping down the floors.
The activity staff led water aerobics & kayaking which we enjoyed very much.
The wait staff at all the restaurants were most accommodating!

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet with view of the mangrove & palm trees around the pools.
2  Thank Barby C
There are newer reviews for Hacienda Tres Rios

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just returned from 7 days at what i call the most peaceful gourmet food resort in the world. the staff did everything they could to make our stay during "huricane" season absolutely enjoyabe. The service we reicieved from Luis our conserge ,Yadhira the traveling resurant hostess, Ruben- Luis-and Enrique the waiters was absolutely terrific. Yes the beach is horrible but with 2 wonderful pools who needs a beach. Welcome back to the returning head chef who's staff made every meal a wonderful experience. Watching the start of Tropical Stom Karen was actually fun with the crew at the pools, they smiled thru the entire experience and the service never missed a step thru the spotty rain showers we were treated to. If you are looking for top shelf service and total relaxation Tres Rios is the place to go, don't expect the night life of Cancun.

Room Tip: don't be afraid to ask what room you are getting and see if there is a better unit available, th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank ken m
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My fiance and myself spent 9 days at this resort and we are glad we did. I have traveled to many resorts around the world and I have to say this is my favorite so far. The hotel itself is beautiful and always clean. I only have two complaints:(1. I had to give up my jacuzzi for a queen bed as opossed to two twin beds 2.) The view of my room was not great. They changed my room to a better view and only one queen bed but I did not have a jacuzzi (bummer as I was hoping this would be like a honeymoon). Aside from the room issue and that horrible timeshare meeting (avoid it!!! It is four hours long!!! The gifts they offer are not worth half your day of your vacation!!!!)it was a great vacation. In the hacienda grill I was treated like royalty by my new buddies Miguel Cutz and Luis De La Cruz. When they found out I was proposing to my girlfriend they went out of their way to make every dinner special and memorable. In Casa Las Islas buffet Armando would cook something special and delicious for us everyday and Gregorio would have our table ready and greet us with a great smile and exceptional service. In my favorite restaurant Alebrije ,Fernando also did a great job making our stay extra special.
I must say that the resort itself is beautiful but i was most impressed by the staff. This resort without the people working I just mentioned would just be any other hotel by the beach. I will always be grateful to these people that made my vacation and engagement such an unforgettable experience. If you are looking for a party place this is not for you, but if want to treat yourself to a relaxing and sophisticated five star experience you will love this place!

2  Thank tom c
Reviewed October 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the hotel everything went bad , the only interest in the hotel is to sell their time sharing and listen to their two hours speech ! The beach was black and they blamed the hurricane when the real problem was the river mud...we had rain and our room was flooded ...
The only good thing in the hotel was the bellboy That took our luggage out when we cancelled our reservation and left the hotel moving to Hard rock hotels Cancun...

4  Thank Diane C
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments.
We are sorry to know that we were not able to fulfill your expectations and we apologize for that.
We are sharing your concerns and are giving follow up with departments involved.
Once again we apologize and we hope you give us the opportunity to be your host again in the future and show you what Hacienda Tres Rios and Tres Rios Nature Park have to offer with its 326 acres of pristine tropical rainforests intersected by three winding freshwater rivers, decorated by ten fascinating cenotes (cave-like sinkholes with natural wells), home to 120 species of plants and 90 species of animals. It is the only nature park in the Yucatan Peninsula that includes three distinct ecosystems: jungle, mangrove forest, and coastal dunes.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We spent 8 days and 7 nights in this hotel! Everything is wonderful except the beach! I'm not a big fan of a beach anyway so it's perfectly fine with me...My daughter and my boyfriend had a blast swimming and diving in the cenote area...the place is so pretty and relaxing! The services is great! Thanks to our concierge Leonardo for welcoming our stay in there...thanks to Santos who serves us with a delighting meal at the grill restaurant! Gregorio and some other staff in Katori restaurant were also excellent...everyone is excellent from the concierge, restaurants, cleaning department, room service! I can't complain....I feel bad that we were not able to get their names to give thanks to them! But kuddos to all HTR staff! You all did an excellant job keep up the good work guys! You make our stay enjoyable and relaxing!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mom_bea2003
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your nice comments. It is rewarding to read you had a perfect family vacation while staying at Hacienda Tres Rios and visiting our Tres Rios Nature Park.
Next time you visit us, remember to experience our SenseAdventure activity and take a guided exploration of select areas in the nature park while blindfolded to heighten your other senses. This magical journey through nature is led by a holistic guide, who presents various natural elements for you to touch, smell and even taste, drawing attention to the sounds around you.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My stay at Hacienda Tres Rios was so special. The resort is relaxing and elegant. My husband And I bought our Time Share last year. We had upgraded from Fisherman ( which is lovely, too). Since that time he has passed away and I wanted to come back and remember him and the great time we had in 2012. I just wish he could have seen and enjoyed what a special place this is.

The food and top shelf beverages were magnificent! We were treated to a chef demonstration that was neat!
room was spacious and very comfortable. I loved the bed and the pillow service was dreamy!

I did have a mishap and fell unexpectedly in some water on the granite floor. I was treated with such kindness and they responded to the emergency quickly and efficiently. The service recovery from that incident was done exceptionally well. The staff are so accommodating to every desire.

I will recommend the following staff for their excellent work: Gonzalo, Gregorio, Carlos, Isidro, Jose, Fanny (concierge), Regina (sales).
Everyone we met greeted us genuinely with a smile and "hola!". Great job everyone!

Catherine Windham
Jacksonville, FL

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank jckkrt2013
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience.
First of all we would like to offer you our condolences and thank you for coming back to Hacienda Tres Rios to revive the good time you spent together with us.
Remember that your private Mexican retreat is always waiting for you.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We just returned from a week at Hacienda Tres Rios with our two kids, and we had a great time. This was our first time visiting an all-inclusive resort, and it certainly impressed us! This is a beautiful, relaxing place that is well-suited for families. Our kids especially loved the swimming pool, kayaking and all the wildlife we were able to see (iguanas, coatis, birds, crabs, and lizards).

The hotel is beautiful and the staff here is excellent. After just a couple days, they would remember our preferences for drinks, food, etc. Gregorio, Brenda and Claudia at the Cas Las Islas buffet were particularly helpful and friendly, as were the folks at Pizzeria il Forno, Pâtisserie Café de Paris and the staff around the swimming pool. We didn't get the name of the woman who brought us drinks every day by the pool, but she was great.

Our room was large, clean and had the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever slept in. In fact, they might even be more comfortable than our bed at home!

We met with Alex C. for the sales presentation, and although we were concerned that it would be a long, boring, hard-sell experience, we learned a lot about the property and what they have to offer, and we truly enjoyed our time with Alex. The sales presentation starts with breakfast and lasts a few hours, but the time went by quickly. If we didn't have some large upcoming medical bills, we would have jumped at the chance to purchase a plan here. It's really a beautiful place!

As others have noted, the only downside of this location is the beach. The water at the beach is muddy brown, and it isn't currently open for swimming. The hotel is apparently waiting for approval from the government to rebuild it. But every other aspect of the resort is absolutely beautiful, and we highly recommend visiting Hacienda Tres Rios.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa_DH42

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It is rewarding to read that you had a wonderful time and had a great family vacation while visiting our Tres Rios Nature Park and experiencing our gastronomic offer as well.
Next time you visit us, remember to take a Segway Tour and see the nature park, nursery and beach on this two-wheeled self-balancing battery-powered electric vehicle.