“It's a beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

Hacienda Tres Rios
Ranked #61 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“It's a beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's a beautiful hotel! The romos are great!! The beach is awesome. For families totally!!!, I love it and my kids to!!!!!!!!! The waitress Are excelent!!! The people who works there are all so kind!!!, we love to vacation there excelent!!!!'

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AlineTapia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (988)
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The food and beverages are not as good as they use to be in our last time we stayed there two years ago. The brands of the beverages are of less quality while food at restaurants not well served neither tasted. The service at restaurants were pretty unpersonal. The worst thing ws the way on how the sels persons push you to update or upgrade your membership!

Room Tip: Push staff at reception to get the ones at he 3rd floor at the right end corner.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eduardo L
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for you comments. We apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectations this time. Guests' comments are really important to us since they enable us to review standards and procedures in order to provide the quality service we have become known for.
We invite you to come back and see the improvements we have made since your last visit.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were here for 11 days. The rooms and hotel were really clean. Also the kids club was great. Valeria and Monica did a great job and my children never wanted to leave their side. We all had a great time. Also Levi at the outdoor pizza restaurant by the pool made great pizzas and always greeted us with a smile. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The following review is from my experience only, My opinions are genuine and if you do decide to stay here, I hope you have a good time. As far as it went for myself and family, lets just say we didnt let it ruin our vacation, we made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves.Ive never stayed at Playa de Carmen, this time I wanted to get away from the Hotel Zone in Cancun. Staying here, anywhere you go its 30 min away approx. As far as your bang for your buck? I wouldnt recommend it. If you're looking for a beach view room, you wont get it here at all. Its not designed that way. If you do decided to go to the beach, warning, only VIP Club time share holders gets to swim in the turquoise waters, there's a guard verifying wrist bands. You get to swim in the black ocean, due to the mangroves roots and surrounding cenotes ( fresh springs underground) the beach is naturaly saturated with the twigs and brushes, Room service was good, I suggest keeping it simple, Guaranteed they'll get it wrong. We stayed 7 days, 2 of the days we were gone most part of day and when returning after 6 ish, room wasnt made yet. Housekeeping knocked and turned them away to get some rest before dinner at the buffet again. I hate to sound bitter but I am use to 5 star hotels. This is rated 5 star but in reality I think Id rate it a 4 at best,. 31/2 average. I gave the hotel a fair chance throughout the stay but something else kept coming up where it just proved my point. If you're offered a good deal to visit, there's a reason for that, I say there's no repeat guest. Isnt it the beach why we choose to visit CANCUN or Playa de Carmen?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JERRTE
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Every new hotel/resort should use this place as a blueprint for real eco-tourism; they walk the walk. On top of that commitment, the location is dynamite, there is an attentive staff and the food plentiful and good. Lots of activities and the grounds are beautiful and carefully tended. The spa was sensational and the "in-house" tours, e.g., Segway, etc., are worth the expense. Very comfortable, quiet room with excellent toiletries and great shower.

Room Tip: Overlook the river.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Howard H
rio de janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

After reading some bad reviews, I got a little bit worried about my stay. I should not have worried. It was a perfect experience. The food was great all the time and wherever it was served, including the room service. The service... I don't have words to describe how much it was perfect. Anything I wanted was served and arranged quickly and politely. You could see that the staff was actually glad to help. My special thanks to the waiters of the mexican restaurant and Gustavo from the buffet restaurant. In fact, in one occasion I saw some guests behaving very unpolitely to a member of the staff who handled it very well and professionally.
The hotel is beautiful, clean and comfortable with spacious equipped room and great views and pools. At night, there was something going on. The location is very beautiful with the cenots and beach. You just feel so relaxed and happy for being there. I can't wait to come back.I've read the bad reviews but they don't have anything to do with the hotel I experienced.
It was the best place to spend my honey moon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CARLOSRioDeJaneiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, great tasting quality food and they do make all attempts to protect the ecosystem that surrounds resort. Perfect for family vacations, you don't have to leave the resort, if you don't wish to. Activities and entertainment also included.We are planning our next trip there.

• Stayed June 2013