We were at the Hacienda Tres Rios from November 3rd - November 17th, 2012. Our experience started with Cori at the front desk what can you say about a young woman who makes you feel like you are the most special guests at the resort. The next morning we were greeted by Veronica, Hostess at the breakfast buffet, what a smile and pleasant personaility. Our first, and soon to be our breakfast and lunch waiter was Gregorio. He took such good care of us and again made us feel very special at each meal. Carlos Picihardo, ran the buffet room is a professional and pleasant manner. Miguel Cutz was our evening waiter at the Hacienda Grille, funny, pleasant and so professional. There was nothing we asked for that we did not get. This is the way to run a 5 star resort! Sammy, I swear ran the entire service staff. He was everywhere and always happy to see you and to make sure we were completely happy.
The rooms were huge and beautiful. Our 2 bedroom had 3 balconies and 3 bathrooms and so much room. The beds were the best we had ever slept on. The pillow menu guarantees you a great nights sleep. The master bedroom had an inroom jacuzzi, very nice!
The hard sell for their "vacation club" was something I hope I never go through again. It was 4 hours and the pressure was mentally painful. So our advice to you, please visit this beautiful resort with it's incredible service staff, but refuse the sales tour unless you are truly in the market to purchase.
The pool was cool but salt water and very refreshing. As beach people, we were disappointed with the beach and the muck in the water. It was not that beautiful 4 color blue/green Caribean Ocean I so looked forward to seeing. That being said, we did take the shuttle to a sister resort, The Fisherman, and found the perfect beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and sustainability create unforgettable vacation experiences at Hacienda Tres Rios, an all-inclusive resort located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Nestled in a 326 acre pristine nature park, this natural paradise boasts three fresh water rivers and 10 cenotes (natural occurring sinkholes) and is home to over 90 species of fauna and 120 species of flora. Hacienda Tres Rios resort brings together luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and a wealth of activities on the shores of the spectacular Caribbean Sea in the Riviera Maya.The resort's 273 spacious suites feature a modern design inspired by the Mexican hacienda style. Each suite features 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, extra thick luxury mattresses and a pillow menu. Most suites also have a Jacuzzi for two and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Designed to ensure you never run out of dining choices, Hacienda Tres Ríos resort offers countless options; private dining alternatives, a sommelier (wine steward), 24-hour room service and a variety of specialty restaurants ranging in taste from Italian and Mexican to French and Asian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico