We just came back from Mexico a couple of weeks ago (beginning of November) and stayed at this resort. First and foremost, the staff there was incredible. They made us feel very welcome and they were very friendly. We got to know them well throughout the week and we had a great time with them doing various activities. As soon as we stepped foot in the resort, they were very accommodating. The bell boys (especially Alfredo) was hilarious! The cleaning staff did their jobs very well and our room was always left in pristine condition. We especially liked all little extras that they would leave on our bed :) I wish I could remember all of the names of the activities staff and bar staff that we encountered because they made our week there very enjoyable :)
There were many activities to do at the resort (all inclusive) including snorkeling, kayaking, nature walks etc. I wish we had taken more advantage of this, but we did get to enjoy some of them. Kayaking in the cenotes (naturally formed bodies of water) at the resort was amazing and of course seeing the pictures that they took of us afterward was great too.
There were 6 restaurants available (all inclusive). The best one by far according to both me and my boyfriend was the Asian fusion. There was also an Italian (which was hit or miss depending on what you ordered), Mexican (which I liked), Grille Place (that was amazing too!), Pizza Place (great for lunch), and International Buffet (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner). There was also a little cafe there that served coffee/espresso and little desserts. We LOVED this cafe and the coffee was awesome. Lastly, there was a sports pub which had a pool table available and tv's showing sporting events (for the men). Oh, and I can't forget to mention room service!! It was free and and available 24/7 -- came in very handy for some late night snacks and drinks!!!
Our room was pretty good, other than the fact we got two double beds and not one king size, but we made due and we didn't really spend too much time in our room. The bell boy said that we could put a request in the next morning for a king size bed but we were fine. We could have pushed the beds together if it really bothered us. We didn't have much of a view...it was the jungle, lol, but again, we didn't spend too much time in our room. I have to mention the shower because it was huge! The water pressure wasn't the greatest, but other than that, the features of the room were very nice. I like that the toilet was separated from the sink too.
One of the only downsides with this resort that we noticed is that the general guest age range was much older. However, there was a good mix of younger people too. We wish that they could have catered to a bit of a younger crowd (30's). It's not like we wanted to see clubs there, but at night, the resort got pretty quiet and we wish that they had more entertainment so we didn't have to leave the resort. They did have some good entertainment however, like a beach party with a buffet and a live band, a circus/acrobatic night, a traditional Mayan dance night, a welcome night with vendors and food, karoake night, organized volleyball games and some drink tasting in the pub. But for the most part, these activities ended pretty early and then we were left to just roam around or leave the resort to find something to do. Also, the pub was the latest thing that was open, which was only till 1am and there wasn't too much to do in there besides drink and watch sports, lol.
Overall though, I really enjoyed myself. The resort was kept in great condition and it had a very comfortable feel to it. The natural jungle was amazing to see and we even got to see some animals that lived there. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy and relax in a sustainable tourism luxury development in the Mexican Caribbean, our Spa & Nature Park make it the perfect spot for relaxing while your younger and more adventurous companions explore the beauty of the Riviera Maya within a safe environment such as this award-winning eco-luxury hotel integrated within Tres Ríos Nature Park. Be part of a paradise designed to restore and preserve the natural landscape without sacrificing the comforts and amenities of a five star all-inclusive hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico