My husband and I just returned from a five night stay at Hacienda Tres Rios. What a beautiful resort! This is a time-share type of resort compared to others that just do all-inclusive. We were not part of the time share membership. When we arrived, we were told our room was ready, but we needed to talk to someone to explain the resort. I told them we were not interested in the time share, but we still had to go through a short dog and pony show (about five minutes) in which I again told them we were not interested. They did not press on. We were then taken to our room which was in building four and on the mangrove side. We could still see and hear the ocean from our room. The room was very nice and the bed was amazing with its feather bed topper. The resort is very laid back and since we went over spring break, we couldn't tell it was spring break! This may not be good for people wanting a more party atmosphere, but we loved it! Very relaxing. The beach is not all that pretty, but we spend most of our time around pools when we vacation, so that was not an issue. As for the food-outstanding! The drinks-sub par. There's some top shelf liquor, but it's hard to find. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. The public restrooms were cleaned about every hour, which was really nice, especially in the pool area. I was really looking forward to kayaking and snorkeling in the rivers, but this had to be done through one of the tours (free of charge but you had to sign up in advance). Also wanted to go biking, but again, through a tour and they booked up before we could make a reservation. Not sure with this being an "eco friendly" resort why they don't have bikes ready for people to use at their leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy and relax in a sustainable tourism luxury development in the Mexican Caribbean, our Spa & Nature Park make it the perfect spot for relaxing while your younger and more adventurous companions explore the beauty of the Riviera Maya within a safe environment such as this award-winning eco-luxury hotel integrated within Tres Ríos Nature Park. Be part of a paradise designed to restore and preserve the natural landscape without sacrificing the comforts and amenities of a five star all-inclusive hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico