My boyfriend and I just returned from a week long stay at Le Reve, and it was amazing and so relaxing! We were nervous about the construction and all the bad reviews, and had emailed back and forth with the staff to see if we could cancel our reservation. They did their best to assure us that everything would meet our expectations and sent photos and videos to make us feel more at ease. They also upgraded us to 4 nights in the ocean front bungalows, and provided a food and beverage credit for our troubles. After deciding to stick it out, we arrived on April 6th and were pleasantly surprised to find that the only construction remaining was very minimal and had no effect on our stay.
We did not want to stay in a huge, overcrowded resort (which seem to be the norm in this particular area of Playa Del Carmen), and the peaceful atmosphere at Le Reve was exactly what we needed. We spent our days lounging on the beach, with Ishmael and Roberto bringing us delicious food and drinks with a smile on their face every time! The staff is great and very friendly and accommodating. We got a little tired of the dinner menu and wished that there were more Mexican inspired dishes offered, but other than that the food was great and prepared nicely.
The reviews below are extremely off base-- the rooms are not smelly or old, and are in fact very well maintained from our experience (we stayed in both the beachfront bungalows and the private garden rooms). If you're looking for a sterile hotel room, with a big flat screen TV, brand new appliances, and no character, then this is definitely not the place for you! The beds in the beachfront bungalows are huge and very comfortable, with a romantic canopy covering for added privacy. You can hear the ocean as you fall asleep at night, and the waves crashing on the beach seemed to drown out any "time share" related noises in the morning.
The time share situation is certainly unfortunate, and I will admit that it added an annoying/sleezy feel to the otherwise peaceful atmosphere. The good thing is that the time share people seem to clear out by noonish. I know they have plans to expand the property and convert some of it to a time share, which is sad because I think it will change this adorable boutique hotel in the future. I know they are planning to add another restaurant and about 100 more rooms, but hopefully they can retain elements of the resort as it is now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico