My wife and I just got back after 5 days at Le Reve and were very pleased with our stay. We travel well and reasonably often and know what we like. The resort is just the right size for an intimate feel. There are 25 rooms, so a maximum of 50 guests at any one time. There was never any need to worry about getting a nice spot on the beach or by the pool, the size seemed just right. The beach itself was small, but very nice. The water in the Playa area has a rocky under bottom, so bring water shoes. (They have a reasonable selection for you to use, but there is never a size 13s in anyone's basket)
We ate at the restaurant for all but one meal and we were impressed. We are quite the foodies and found the food to be delicious and fresh. They incorporated all the fresh fruits and vegetables from the region and there was a nice mix of authentic Mexican dishes (civeche menu) and foods that less adventurous eaters would enjoy (burger). As part of our package, we had a complimentary dinner on the beach one night and I ordered the steak with unclear expectations based on past experiences of getting a good steak in the tropics, but it was very good. Not Ruths Chris mind you, but this is Mexico.
We found the staff to be quite accommodating and never refused a request. On day three I had a taste for a mudslide, but did not see it on the bar men. No need to give up, just ask...delicious and no questions asked.
We stayed in a Master Suite and it was very nice. Huge room, wonderfully comfy bed, enormous private deck overlooking the beach with chairs and a teak bed under the umbrella to relax. Nice bathroom, with the exception of the shower in our room. Luke warm seemed to be the best it could do and water pressure was not great. We mentioned the lack of truly hot water to the front desk three times and were assured it would be addressed, but it was not. It was not a huge deal and I have never found water pressure, quantity and temperature to be up to standards in the tropics.
The transportation the hotel set up was first rate, but a bit pricy at $190 RT. Professional staff and Chevy Suburban. I plan to rent a car next time as the drive was easy and safe.
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would have no reservations about returning to Le Reve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico