We stayed 4 nights November for our anniversary after 10 days at another resort. When we arrived at the lobby our check in was very good, we had to wait a minute to finish the room as we were an hour early. When we go to our room, a beachfront bungalow I was amazed. The flower petals, wine, and the room was great until I opened the drapes. I was stunned at the view. It is just beautiful. To be honest I was a little unsure of the whole unplugged thing, as we had just come from a much larger resort. But wait a minute, your anniversary, the carribean sea right out your window and your wonderful husband. OK easy to get into the relaxation. The plunge pool was just great, our room was beautiful, the washroom very nice. The bed was very comfortable. Yes the hot water can be tricky but we had no real issues. Humidity issues, of course remember the ocean is mere feet from your door!!!! Who really cares, just bring a couple swimsuits and you are good.
The Staff, Everyone we met were very nice, friendly and willing to help you with your spanish. They are very attentive and will help you with anything. They are not in your face all the time but are wonderful. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, big issue for us as we are early risers, Evan who came in at 6 am was very happy to get the coffee maker going for us and have our cups ready, just lovely( and I am sure I spelled his name wrong sorry buddy)
Yes the ocean is rocky as well as the last bit of the road, you only have to edure a few bumps getting there and it is so worth it. You can walk 2 minutes down the beach for no rocks. No big deal. The beach beds were fantastic and we just hung out and watched the beautiful ocean.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic!!!! The only complaint I had was he portions were to big for me and when I mentioned this they cut them down for me. Hate to waste the food. We enjoyed a special Mayan dinner on our last night and it was so good. Also we had a breakfast in our room as part of the package, wow sitting in front of the ocean with a great breakfast, it does not get better than this,
I have read the not so good reviews on this hotel, we did not have any problems what so ever. One person complained about the humidity, really? you are on the ocean and I loved it.
The beachfront bungalow was fantastic and that is where we will book next year. Keep up the good work and you are very much a hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico