My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We signed up for the "World's Best Anniversary Package." The hotel is very small. It really should not use the word "Spa in its title. There is no real spa. Just an outdoor space above a terribly out-dated gym where you can get services by someone they bring into the hotel to do the treatment. Included in our package was one massage. It was good. But if I had to pay out-of-pocket for it, I would have been sorely disappointed. She arrived late. I watched her set up using old, tattered towels to cover a somewhat beat-up massage table. She pulled various bottles of lotions and oils out of her purse. All in all, it seemed like a shady experience. Plus she spoke no English, so I had a hard time communicating with her. After, she made it a point that she expected a tip. Everyone at Le Reve was very, very nice. I can't deduct points for service. The menu was OK. We got very tired of seeing it day after day. Definitely not a place for those who like to try different things everyday. I'm a huge fan of fruit. It was like pulling teeth to get the amount I craved. Some days the mango was sour, other days they had no papaya. All in all, a big disappointment in the fruit department. Ceviche was a big hit though. High marks for that. Our day in town, Playa del Carmen, was much needed. If it was easier to get to town -- i.e. unlimited free taxi rides to and fro -- we would have gone more than once, for sure. The room was nice. But we were shocked to see no door for the toilet! Is it too much to ask for a door to the toilet space? A little privacy, please. And the water pressure was horrible. Plus it took a long time for the hot water to arrive. Towels were old, a little ratty. Tiny bugs were always crawling around the counter top. It was a losing battle trying to get rid of them. Eventually, we just lived with them. We stayed on the top floor in the corner room. The bungalows by the beach seemed too dark, small and damp for us. Yes, we know that this is a place to choose if you want to unplug. But it was so quiet, we really craved a tv in our room. There's nothing to do after dinner. Even watching a Spanish show would have been a nice distraction. If it weren't for free wi-fi, I think we would have lost our minds. Bring a lot of books. In the end, we enjoyed relaxing by the pool and listening to the ocean which was very close to the pool's edge. But, by the end of our four-night stay, we were ready to go home. They never gave us our "Special Gift" upon departure. So I guess we'll never know what that was. Won't come back here. Too quiet. NOT a spa. (That gym was so bad, it's comical!) Not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa is a luxury and modern boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. With a unique collection of 28 rooms overlooking the Caribbean Sea with the perfect blend of nature, peace, gastronomy and mexican hospitality. Our guests are able to book just the hotel room or they can indulge with our unlimited food & beverages "Gourmet All Inclusive A la Carte" . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico