Le Reve Hotel & Spa
$191
$610
$587
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$293
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$413
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$331
$217
Barcelo.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate gardensmall hotelwater shoeshotel restaurantall inclusive plancevicheour honeymoonall inclusive optiona garden view roomrelaxing getawayinfinity poolwedding coordinatorfilet mignonhotel is beautifultime sharethe entire staffbeach chairs
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My then fiancee and I choose this place since it seemed like a good combination of an intimate resort but close to Playa for shopping or going out, and it really turned out to be a perfect balance. We had the paradise suite and it was awesome. Private pool and great view of the water and beach as well.

Had some very good food and drinks from the pool bar and the restaurant while there. The bar didn't offer a certain type of beer that we had asked about and the next day one of the staffers had gone out and picked up a six pack to stock the bar for us. It was a very nice above and beyond type of move and we appreciated it.

The two women at the front desk we interacted with the most were both very helpful and knowledgeable. One of the two recommended an all inclusive golf outing at Playacar that was awesome and a highlight of the trip.

On the negative side I got a massage at there open air platform above the pool bar and while a bit apprehensive about the location ended up not minding at all being so out in the open. More so it was the quality of the massage--I felt it was too strong and thought the male massage therapist wasn't as good as other massages I've had.

There was also very loud music coming from a beach bar the resort to the south on two of the nights. I walked around a bit and think it was only certain spots on the property where this noise was very loud, so it wasn't likely affecting most people, but it was pretty loud for us.

Overall, the resort really had a beautiful look and feel, never felt crowded although it was full while we there, had friendly staff and a nice big beach out in front and beautiful Caribbean views. We also went out in Playa a couple times and were recommended a terrific restaurant in a cave off the strip by the Front Desk and stumbled upon an asian fusion place on the main strip and both dinners off property were great. In the end we were really glad with our decision and it was a great break and place to celebrate our recent wedding.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Le Reve was absolutely the perfect destination for my son and daughter in law's wedding in late May. We stayed 7 days, booked the entire hotel for 3 days and had the most amazing time with 72 family and friends. The photos does not completely show how spacious and beautiful the hotel and surroundings are. You feel like you are in a quiet oasis with nothing else around, although there are other hotels close by on the beach, so it feels very safe. Most of our friends and family stayed at Le Reve, with the overflow of guests staying at Sandos Caracol. These hotels were approx 15 min. car drive a apart, but only a 3-5 minute walk on the beach. This made it very easy for our guests to go back and forth for the wedding events. We have never stayed at a hotel in which the entire staff was so accomodating and wonderful. We miss them already! Arlenis and Mariana were the most amazing coordinators of our wedding and took care of every detail and were always available at a moments notice. They even thought of the details that we did not think of. The beauty of the ceremony on the beach, the rehearsal dinner on the beach, and the brunch after the wedding in the open air dining area was so much more than I had expected. The food at all of the events, breakfast every morning was perfect. We ate dinner at Le Reve every night except on night, and most lunches. The pool was perfect and there is a lot of shade around the pool. Although we stayed in the Master Suite, all rooms are wonderful and all arranged slightly different. We all asked for the brand of the mattress...most comfortable ever! We cannot wait to return to Le Reve and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a destination wedding, or just a quite get a way for a special celebration!

Room Tip: Upstairs Master Suite overlooking pool and ocean!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Claudia-m-gifford
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I have just returned from spending 8 days at Le Reve. 3 of which comprised my daughter's wedding. Words cannot begin to express how happy I am that my daughter found this piece of paridise in Mexico. Everyone at the hotel from the minute you arrive till the time you leave treat you royaly. Arliens and Marianna were the wedding coordinators running the affair. They were spectacular!!!! Thank you again. The rest of the staff were fantasic as well. The food was excellent both in presentation and quality. What more can I say? If you are a future bride planning a destination wedding or just going on vacation this is the place.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank smac371831
Reviewed May 31, 2011

An unbelievable stay!!! This is my second time at the hotel and I am in love with it. It is just the right size in just the right place and all for what amounts to a steal!! I spent the weekend there and had a fabulous time. The rooms are pristine, I stayed din a suit in-front of the ocean. If you feel the need you can go commando at night!!! and its heaven. Mexico has some of the best service in the world and the hotels lives up to that reputation. The people are kind and extremely attentive! the service was just spectacular. Now this place has an architecture to die for. The sense pf arrival the two walls framing the pool and ocean and the Palapa roof all come together to create Paradise recovered!

Loved it

Jorge H

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to Le Reve to celebrate our 10th Anniversary. We had a fantastic time at Le Reve and would highly recommend it for those seeking relaxation in a beautiful location with excellent service.
Our transfer to and from the Cancun airport was seamless. Our driver, Henry, was great. His SUV was comfortable and he was punctual, professional, and happy to answer our questions about the area.

We stayed in a Garden Room. The room was well designed and modern with a minimal amount of furnishings. The bed was cozy. The room would definitely benefit from a small table and chair(s) and some type of iPod dock for music, certainly not necessities, but would be nice. The view from this room is just so-so. Not bad, you just look at the back of the ocean front bungalows.

We loved the food. Breakfast was fantastic. We were not disappointed in the selection like some other reviewers have mentioned. I do think that some of the lunch offerings were a bit overpriced. We were the first to order from the new Mayan menu and it was quite tasty. Each night the chef would prepare an amuse bouche and it was always amazing. Also delicious were the treats left in the room at turndown service. Nice touch. The bite of Tres Leches cake was something particularly special.

The property is well-maintained and offers spectacular, do-nothing-but-stare-at-the-water-all-day views.

The gym is certainly not a strong suit of the hotel. While the view is beautiful, the ventilation was poor. Therefore, exercise was hard to maintain for any extended period of time without being smoking hot.

My husband and I had relaxation massages at the spa that were very nice. I also had an Organic facial. The massages were great, the facial just ok. The sun was blazing in my eyes during the facial so it wasn’t the most relaxing. Our massages also started an hour late and although I asked, no one seemed to acknowledge it or provide an explanation. I attributed the lack of communication to the language barrier. Did I just complain about my spa day in paradise? My apologies.

The clientele of the hotel while we were there was mostly young professionals. While we made some friends, for the most part people were quiet and kept to themselves.

One of the biggest strengths of this hotel is the people. The hotel manager has done a great job of staffing the property with genuinely nice and accommodating people and it shows.

We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple