“wonderful meal choice”

Langosteria Maya Restaurant
Ranked #202 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Langosteria Maya Restaurant Founded in October 2005, our menu offers the highest quality in Seafood fres co day. Prepared with a good flavor and magical touch of our chef combined with the personal attention of its owner in order to satisfy the most discerning palates. In our cellar we have an extensive collection of national and international wines. The main hall has a palapa waterfall garden terrace that blends a fresh and pleasant environment to make your stay a pleasant ...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“wonderful meal choice”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

my first visit to get away from 5th ave and was worth it. the wait staff was great. i had the steak fajita and calamari rings. it was too much for me to consume but it was good. i'll order one plate next time.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Calgary, Canada
“Absolutely Great”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

On a recent trip to Walmart, we stopped in to have a quick snack and libation on a walk about at La Pesca, and the food was so good, stayed for a full luncheon, the food was well prepared and delicious and the drinks were large and well made. Located across the street from MEG.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“GREAT FOOD!!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stopped in here on a recommendation from a local friend of a friend while looking for ceviche. We were told that this place had the freshest in town, and man were they right. On our first visit we went for lunch. They poured us tall drinks and we ordered the mixed fish ceviche. it contained octopus, fish, shrimp and clams. It was some of the tastiest ceviche my wife and I had ever had.

We liked the place so much that we decided to come back again for dinner. Had the ceviche as an appetizer again. For dinner my wife had octopus tacos and I had shark tostadas. All the food was fantastic. For the quality of food we found the price was very reasonable.

The had a two piece band come in and play a few songs which made for an entertaining evening all and all.

Even though this place is a little off the beaten path and the view is not too great I would definitely recommend stopping by if you are a foodie that likes seafood!

• Visited April 2014
Miguel Hidalgo, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Best grilled fish in the entire world”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went to la Pesca with my friends on March 2014, whenever I travel I try to go the places where the locals eat and wow, this place is fantastic.

The location is bad, in front of the Mega store, there were only locals eating so the atmosphere was nothing to talk home about, however, the food was spectacular.

We first started with the diverse platter, that includes calamari, octopus, fish, rice and oysters. Everything was fresh and delicious.

For the main dish, I ordered a 3/4 pound fish, just out of the water, I think it was a Robalo (Seabass), grilled to perfection with some garlic sauce on the side, the fish was meaty and juiciy.

The service was great, we wanted some veggies to have with our food and they grilled some carrots free of charge.

I recommend this place to anyone, next time I'm going to try the lobster.

Finally, it's not expensive at all, so the quality/cost/quantity ratio is amazing.

• Visited March 2014
Jim Thorpe
“A Home Run!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have been going to Playa for nearly 15 years. I have been up and down 5th Avenue time and time again only to be disappointed with the food. I have ventured up side streets for better meals and value but substituted the atmosphere of 5 avenue for plastic chairs and tables. Then I stopped at La Pesca. It was an absolute home run! Great atmosphere, great value and most important excellent food! I don't know why it took me so many years to try this place and it was the last place I ate at on my trip to playa but on my next visit it, it will surely be the first place I eat. Great menu, from the soups to the seafood casserole, grilled garlic shrimp and melt in your mouth flank steak! I can't wait to try the rest of the menu. I think I will book my next trip now!

• Visited April 2014