“Fantasticred”

Langosteria Maya Restaurant
Ranked #202 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Langosteria Maya Restaurant Founded in October 2005, our menu offers the highest quality in Seafood fres co day. Prepared with a good flavor and magical touch of our chef combined with the personal attention of its owner in order to satisfy the most discerning palates. In our cellar we have an extensive collection of national and international wines. The main hall has a palapa waterfall garden terrace that blends a fresh and pleasant environment to make your stay a pleasant ...
manchester uk
“Fantasticred”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to la pesca on wednesday the 2nd October 2013 it is the 3rd time and never had a bad
Meal and the service is superb we had 3 mayan coffees which took 30 minutes to make in front of us it was a work of art, we had. 3 starters 4 main courses wine and the mayan coffee and the bill came to 2000 peso what a baegain

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Advised from someone...I hope it was a bad day...”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

ohhh, that has been an awful experience...Someone advised me about this place for eating fish and actually I ate the worse cooked fish in my life...We order a normal shrimps cocktail and we had a cup of ketchup with 2-3 shrimps inside and when I ordered fried fish I got something scary: an entire fish deep fried which resembled a skeleton of a monster, sorry that I don´t have picture...Anyway the place was completely empty, I should have understand by myself...my mistake...

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Ghid0
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Not just one of the best restaurants in Playa, but best restaurants ever”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had gotten the name of this place from one of our guides at Tulum. It specializes in Seafood, and we wanted to try a more local place and this did not disappoint. It is pretty far from the tourist areas in Playa (30th Avenue, 16th Street), but it's still walkable. To start, the guacamole is amazing! Freshly made, and with some kick to it. They also brought me some other spicier salsas as well, which had a good amount of spice even for me. I ordered the diablo shrimp, which is basically shrimp with a red tomato based chili sauce. If you like anything spicy, I'd recommend this dish. The shrimp itself was perfectly cooked, soft but not muscly/stringy, and full of flavor. When I was done, i was soaking the side of veggies in the sauce and eating them too.
As I said, it's away from the main tourist areas in playa, but if you love seafood, you must try this place

Visited August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Once again, excellent again.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was here in May 2011, and now again.... without disappointments. Excellent food, you cannot go wrong here. I had something I never thought about this time. Pecan coated shrimp. Was really good. Small off the beaten path. You cannot go wrong here!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Divebabydive
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our dive master suggested we go here for an off the beaten path local meal. It did not disappoint. I had the skirt steak fajitas and my husband had skirt steak and lobster tail. I also opted for the bananas flambé for dessert. Overall everything had great flavor and was excellent. I would say that the prices are comparable to what we would pay in the U.S. for the same quality of meal. The service was great, our waiter Sebastian gave great service and made the flambe table side. We are still in Playa and are planning to go back for more sea food this week.

• Visited August 2013