“Great pizza and excellent service”

Il Baretto Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Baretto Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,255 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Chicago, Illinois
“Great pizza and excellent service”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I ended up eating here twice on our short stay in Playa. We are NOT easy to please because we both work in the industry, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our beautiful waitress from Rome and her husband were delightful and the people watching was prime. We ate the beef carpaccio and multiple pizzas. Great execution on the crust and fire. Limited but decent wines. Will go back again as soon as opportunity presents itself again. Best of luck to this pizzeria that has its heart and hands in the right place.

• Visited February 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Great for lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We ate twice at the 5th & calle 8 location. Once for dinner (we both had pastas) and once for lunch, when we shared a pizza. Our pastas were both made from fresh pasta, I had the ravioli and my husband had the lasagna. Both were excellent! Often italian restaurants give you way too much, but the portion sizes were just right. The pizza we shared for lunch was delicious, and offered great value. The restaurant only opens at noon, so we had to wait 10 minutes for them to open. There is a second location on 5th @ calle 26, but the one at calle 8 was close to where we were staying. Great restaurant. Service was good. Great value. We would highly recommend it!

• Visited February 2013
Linville, North Carolina
“Not satisfying”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was looking forward to a good meal after a day of snorkeling and found this restaurant to have been a bad choice.

The service was horrible. We had to wait and wait, and we had to ask several times for bread, extra tomato sauce, and our check. Each time we would try flagging down a different person because the one before had been so unresponsive. I was amazed at the total abandonment of customer service. We never found one single server who was willing to pay attention to our needs.

I made the mistake of ordering lasagna with Bolognese. I am sure the wood fired pizzas would have been good, but the lasagna was not edible to my taste. I tried to force down two bites, but left 85% of the meal on the plate.

I recommend you avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank cwm5946
New York City, New York
“both good”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

both locations are excellent restaurants. both are perfectly situated on la quinta. one at 26th the other at 8th street. the pizza is the thin crust style, works for some people and others no. I love it. this team has been around since the beginning of little Italy. pasta Bolognese for 65 pesos at one time. I have seen Jacques Pepin sitting here on occasion. they are most cordial to local people. the pasta dishes are excellent, never tried the meat dishes. they are open and ready for you at anytime you feel like eating, good spot.

• Visited November 2012
“pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The pizza was excellent, have to try the bruschetta with sausage. Deanna really looked after us. It is located on 5th Avenue, in two locations. we visited the one at Calle 8. The only downside is the toilets, which seem to be public in the back alley.