“Good Italian food, but can be noisy”

La Tratto Peninsula
Ranked #74 of 899 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We ate here three times as the food was good and reasonably priced. You are always given small pizza bread and a garlic pesto dipping oil (both very good) so starters are not really necessary. Both pizzas and pasta were well cooked. Service is fast and friendly. The wine list is rather limited, and if you are inside it can get very noisy later on in the evening.

1  Thank CED

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had a great time at La Tratto. I visited the restaurant on a Thursday, so the plaza was hopping with people who were there to listen to music. Since I was alone, I was given a seat inside. Outside tables are for two people or groups. Lucky me, it was during 2x1 happy hour! If you sit at the bar, you are given a choice from sections of the menu which are the appetizers, pizzas, or the prix fixe menu. I chose the latter from which I picked the 4-cheese rigatoni. With that, I was served a large fresh flat bread with oil and herbs for dipping, a beautiful salad, and the pasta. The salad was accompanied with a creamy vinaigrette, which so flavorful. The pasta had and alfredo-like sauce and pine nuts sprinkled on top. It was very well-prepared and delicious.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The plaza St Lucia, the food, the wine and the staff were all fantastic, we split a pizza and an order of ravioli and ordered a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio. Highly recommend!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my boyfriend for lunch. I literally left my food because it was cold and lacking flavor. My boyfriends lunch was slightly better. He ordered a pizza with arugula. When it came out he had to pick off nearly all of the arugula because it was slimey and rotten. Gave it two stars because the bread they give you with an herb dipping side was very good.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a delicious dinner here our first night in Merida. The service was excellent.....our waiter charming. Food was excellent. We were getting away from winter so eating outside was special. We were surprised, however, by the large bill.