“Superb steak house”
Review of Trotters

Trotters
Ranked #46 of 754 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Renton
“Superb steak house”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had a wonderful meal. The rib steak was prepared exactly as l had asked. They offered an acceptable wine list and the wine we selected was a good choice from Argentina.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Great Atmosphere & Good Food”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This steakhouse tops my list for great atmosphere. Expansive wall of doors opened to courtyard dining. Our party sat next to the doors and it was perfect the balance of indoor dining with fresh air. The food was tasty. I chose steak because it is a steakhouse. It was average, however I would try it again. The mini sliders were excellent in flavor, along with the other appetizers shared around the table. First experience of drinking Tequila the local way - everyone has to try once. (Shot of tequila followed by some type of mixed juice.) I am not a food critic, however have some incredible tastes to compare to, I would choose this place for the atmosphere and fun night out before.

• Visited June 2014
“THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER !!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A friend told me this was the best restaurant in Merida... He was completely wrong
Trotter's restaurant.....
Wine list selection is over the average price, small terrace outside always opened, dirty table cloths, dirty silverware.
Carlos the server did an amazing job, he took care of all the needs, every single request was considered and solved by Carlos. He opened the wine, recommended a nice main course for a great pairing with the bottle of Hess I asked for.
I am not going to describe the whole experience but I would like to share how can a bug issue could make your dinner so annoying. It was terrible, I took out of my wine glass about 8 bugs that where flying around. I talked to the manager Rodrigo and he told me that he was very sorry and he wanted me to understand about this issue so he recommended me to put a fan close to the table so the bugs couldn't fly again over the table, I said ok beacause Im not the kind of people who complain, but this made me really upset. He put a fan just beside and my steak got cold, the mosquitoes keep bothering. Carlos did his best to make me feel comfortable but it wasnt his fault, I cant believe how a 150usd dinner for one person was so disappointing and terrible just because the bugs inside your food and wine, It is really unhygienic, insanitary. I definitely wont be back.

1 Thank Ivaan S
Los Angeles
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

As more and more international travelers as well as Mexican travelers are rediscovering the ancient Myan Capitol of the Yucatan, the Trotter family has produced several great places to have anything from small plates such as oysters Rockefeller to mini burgers, prime rib sandwiches, Salisbury steak mini sandwiches, soft tacos and much more in a well designed contemporary restaurant popular with young and old alike. With an abundance of variety prepared from fresh local meat and produce plus prices that are easy on your wallet and a well stocked bar that is equally easy on your wallet (especially at Happy Hour which lasts till 9:00pm) you will be glad you made the effort to visit any of Trotters great restaurants. Just another tip from your travel team of experts at Theatours International where we work to provide great urial experiences for the discerning traveler. Theatours@facebook.com

Santiago, Chile
“Too expensive for the quality of the food received”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

To celebrate my birthday I visited this restaurant with my wife, as it is widely advertised that is the ´best restaurant in Mérida´. The restaurant in placed in a nice house with modern bistro decoration. We liked the deco and the menu but were quite surprised with the prices, as some starters even cost $300 pesos and over, quite expensive for any restaurant in Mérida. The main course choice was even more expensive with some dishes way over the $400 mark. We decided to go for the fixed-price menu at $280 that included a soup (not very special in our opinion) and some meat served with only spinach, all the side orders we charged extra. The bread comes on a paper bag and it was ok, it came with a nice ´chimichurra´sauce that we enjoyed. I asked the meat to be cooked rare but the waiter completely dismissed my request and I got a well cooked steak. The pepper sauce was a bit strong for my taste but went well with the meat. My wife had some chicken rottiserie style that was a bit too greasy for her taste. The service was fast and amicable, no complaints about this. I strongly suggest to avoid this place as it is a highly-advertised restaurant that charges way over the quality of its food. The place is even more expensive than Kuuk and Xcantun Hacienda which offers much better choice and quality. I wouldn´t recommend this place unless you want to throw away few $1000s pesos!

• Visited April 2014