“Great sorbets, not so great employees...”
Review of Helados Colon

Helados Colon
Ranked #2 of 11 Dessert in Merida
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went to the Sorbeteria Colon in Downton Merida and also the one on Paseo Montejo. The employee on the Paseo Montejo location refused to give me a sample of the sorbets, saying they don't give sample to clients... to me, that was a little bit rude on his part. It was my first time in Merida and had never tried a Champola. I finally just ordered whatever they had on the menu and it was great! It was a nice little treat in Merida's heat!

I would just suggest the owner of the shop to train his employees in how to treat the clients :)

1  Thank dreamer8313
There are newer reviews for Helados Colon

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a charming "ice cream parlor" with uniformed staff who have probably worked there for most of their lives. The assortment of flavors is good with all the standards, but you should try the "local" favorite "mammy". Very good service and it doesn't hurt to know a little Spanish to interact with the staff, but pointing and gesturing will also work and result in a delightful refreshing break from your day..

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I really don't know what all these great great reviews are about. this is just an ordinary street cafe (that does not even serve coffee). Definitely not worth a trip but you can get a bite there no problem if you happen to walk by.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This place has literally been around for centuries and is part of the local fabric. I had mango ice, my better half had their signature "crema morisca" a rum and arisen cinnamon concoction. Both were good but not great. I thought it a little expensive compared to a michoacana ice cream store just around the corner that we discovered the next day and kept going back to.
Net,net, good but not great

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We came here after having dinner at La Chaya and it was pretty busy. I had the mango sorbet and my partner had coconut. We walked across the street to the main plaza where there was live music and dancing, sat at a bench, and enjoyed our delicious and refreshing sorbet. Really yummy and perfect to have on a warm evening!