Tripadvisor
Merida
All reviews the main square large balcony an oasis mexican breakfast air con loved merida amazing hotel personal service santa lucia lovely pool hotel is located rental car hacienda albert courtyard hammocks plaza
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2019

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon and we are so glad we did. The photos absolutely don’t do this place justice, it was 400% better when we arrived. We loved everything about this place, it was real luxury. Spotlessly clean, beautiful details everywhere and the staff were all exceptional. Honestly, the staff were absolutely the best you could find anywhere, very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. We got some really good tips on where to go and things to see as well. We did not want to leave. Our room was at the back, with our own terrace and a huge, comfortable bed. Anything we needed, the staff were there for us and we could not thank every one of them enough. If you’re reading this review, just book this place because you won’t regret it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2019 via mobile

Nice but terrible administration. Not to come back. I booked a suite and checking in they informed they sold the suite overbooking....... they offered me a simple room telling me they would offer me a good price. The difference was ONLY 45O pesos per night. Incredible. The money paid worth not that room. I would have chosen other hotel but they didn’t told me about the overbooking they made until I was making the check in. Terrible !!!
They have 8 room including the suite. Rooms have not enough light except for the suite.
Not to go back for sure.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019

I stayed at this hotel Oct. 25-26, 2019. First of all, if one of the ways you make decisions about whether you like a hotel is based on the TripAdvisor pictures, I would caution that many of the pics on this site (as of today) are outdated. Better to review pictures of the rooms on another booking site. If the hotel reads this review, I strongly recommend it provide tripadvisor some updated photos!

I stayed in a charming room with a balcony overlooking the pool. It is painted a neutral gray color. The bathroom has a large shower and modern fixtures. There is a sofa in the room and also a large walk-in closet so that you can keep your luggage out of the way. The balcony has two chairs and a hammock for relaxing.

The windows are large. Throughout the hotel, including in the room I stayed in, there are beautiful modern art paintings. The hotel is small—only eight rooms. It is on a colonial building, so it has the typical open courtyard, which is beautifully maintained.

The hotel is also walking distance to the main square. The room was well worth the price. If I had to complain about something, I would say the mattress was a little hard. But I slept well enough. If you are trying to decide whether this is the right decision for you, trust me, go ahead and book. And if one of the rooms with a balcony are available, definitely book it!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

We spent a number of nights at Hacienda Merida. The hotel is quiet and lovely and the pool great. There is hotel parking close by and the location is really good with easy access to the historical centre, lots of restaurants and plenty of shops.

Service was generally good; Alberto was fantastic and we really appreciated his advice on what to do and where to go.

Small niggles included no usb charging plugs in rooms; and breakfast in particular. We found it rather boring after a while and with all of the amazing fruit in the market the daily repetitive offering was odd. Service at breakfast was also not great and distinctly unfriendly which was a pity.

A good option though not as magical as it might be with some tweaking.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2019

the hotel is very close to the city centre and to the Plaza Santa Lucia where you can find many restaurants. The hotel is very nice, small and quite. I would recommend the superior rooms as the standar one was a bit small. It has a nice pool and a bar. The breakfast was delicious.

Date of stay: May 2019