“Beautiful House and Wonderful Hosts”
Review of Casa Santiago

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Santiago
Ranked #40 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I escorted my parents on a 6 day trip to Merida and we stayed at the two bedroom Casa Feliz which is attached to the Casa Santiago B&B. The house and garden are beautiful and the location can't be beat, short walk to either the Plaza Grande or to Santiago Park. As much as we enjoyed the accommodations, we were overwhelmed by the hospitality of our host, Vince. He provided a wealth of knowledge on the city and his tour recommendations (he also made all the arrangements) were all perfect. Make sure to do the Celestun and the Uxmal tours, they are amazing. After long days sightseeing we would return to the casa and head straight for the garden, it is like a calm oasis is the middle of pretty hectic city. The traffic noise would fade away as we sat by the pool surrounded by lush tropical foliage. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I would definitely recommend Casa Santiago B&B to friends and family! The staff at Casa Santiago was welcoming, friendly and helpful. The night we arrived, Vince (the owner) greeted us with a warm smile :) This place is clean, quiet and cozy which is a great place to just unwind and relax.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The location is very central, the building and courtyard are beautiful, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. What really set Casa Santiago apart was the willingness of the staff to go above and beyond to make our stay special by providing friendly useful personalized service and information. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Our host Vince and his son Edgar went out of their way to make us comfortable. Vince arranged for a world class massage, gave us museum and shopping tips, delivered dinner to us one evening, helped us get our broken down rental car out of the crazy traffic, researched "dog friendly" restaurants for our stay, and did all this with a smile on their faces! A warm fuzzy feeling is what you will get at Casa Santiago! I felt among friends, though we just met. The B&B is well located. Everything you come you to Merida to see is within walking distance. These people just get it...A great stop in Merida.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Merida & Casa Santiago were perfect for us. Merida was like visiting a Spanish city without the long flight. Casa Santiago was like coming home. Vince (Casa's owner) and his son were most helpful answering questions yet allowing us to open Merida as a book to be surprised at each discovery we found around the next bend. Vince has the answers to any questions you may have and is only a phone call away (he also lives on site). He has compiled a book of day trips outside the city which were very reasonably priced, informative and fun. We asked for a cooking class and Vince provided a wonderful chef using his own kitchen as the classroom.

The Casa is very comfortable and relaxed providing a serene escape from bustling Merida. It's located blocks from anywhere you would want to go. We didn't need a car. Best bed I've slept in Mexico! Big rooms, private baths, free run of the place. We often bought dinner-to-go to eat on the veranda by the pool.

Thanks Vince for a wonderful time!

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was lucky enough to stay in the house case felez for 2 and half weeks 1st week with my mom and and the 2nd with my boyfriend. I 100 % recommend staying here. The house is huge, the pool is gorgeous and there is even a shower you can have outside. Your so close to everything. Close to the markets, restaurants and all the entertainment but far enough that you dont hear anything. Its such a safe city and we felt safe enough to walk at night and you can walk everywhere! If your not a walker taxis are about 3 dollars and soo easy to find! When you get there you are greeted by the nicest owner ever and he explains everything you would like to know. i love to experience everything from eating true mexican food in the market to dressing up and fine dinning and it has it all. Plus the owner knows the best trips to go on so you dont have to spend all your time figuring out which tour is best. I did the cenotes twice, celestun, the caves, got the massage twice and saw all the old buildings at it was all great priced and so fun. The house is unexplainable, i loved it so much very high ceilings, unique washrooms, gorgeous kitchen that is stocked with every cooking utensil you would ever need so you can actually cook and the cleaners are amazing! I have traveled to saint lucia, saint marten, australia and china and I feel that this place was my favorite. The city has people that wear the traditional dresses but also some modern restaurants that are all great priced. I really dont know what else to say other than I really loved my stay here and Vince its the best guy in the world with a huge heart!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stayed at Casa Felix with My Adult daughter, It was gorgeous all the charm of the old days with all new amenities. Lovely long Hallway with heritage tiles/but also three fans and skylights/rock wall.
Lovely granite countertops,dishwasher, and filtered water,everything you could possiblely need. The bedrooms are huge and lovely. But it is Vince and his staff who will top the beauty of this place. friendly,informative,and hardworking they take pride in their establishment. I would return instantly and you may contact me for more info

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family