“I love it here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Sacnicte Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 84 Merida B&B and Inns
Canada
“I love it here!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We are at present staying at the Casa Sacnicte, and wow what a beautiful, charming and wonderful place! Our room is on the ground floor, it is large, beautiful, very comfortable beds, big walk-in closet and large bathroom. Very clean and spacious. The family are wonderful, the breakfast large and hearty and eating it in that gorgeous kitchen is just fabulous. I highly recommend staying here. You can guess where I will be staying when we come back.

I don't understand how anyone can rate this place as average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ceritas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a wee gem of a place - just a few minutes from the main square, with pretty, quiet rooms and brilliant breakfasts. The best thing though were the owners, they were just so lovely and charming. Having breakfast in the kitchen and chatting to the owners was an unexpected highlight of my trip. This wasn't in any of the guidebooks I read, but I picked it because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. I'd highly recommend it to other travellers looking for a cheap and cheerful place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Carola_Marron
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Originally Casa Sacnicte was chosen because of its quiet but central location. What I stumbled onto was an incredibly beautiful, clean and welcoming oasis!
The authentic colonial building has been lovingly renovated to a high standard and hosts Wilbert and Guadalupe went out of their way to make me feel cared for and comfortable. Wilbert is a fountain of information (and help) with his perfect english and deep knowledge of the city. The stunning view from my patio of San Juan Church and the Cathedral was a bonus. . . especially in the evening when they glowed in the twilight.
Starting each day eating breakfast and drinking coffee with this remarkable family was a blessing. I'll be back again and again and will recommend them whole-heartedly to all my colleagues. Thank you!! Gracias!

Room Tip: Room 7 has a huge private patio with a stunning view. I highly recommend this upstairs room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank laermitamaya
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wilbur and Lupita are wonderful hosts. Friendly, helpful and Wilbur is fluent in English.
Casa Sacnicte is located 10 minutes walk, south of the Zocalo in a quiet neighbourhood with few tourists.
Room was splendid, clean, very spacious, Queen sized comfy bed with cable TV and air conditioning. Everything worked fine with no problems. We had our own private and spacious bathroom. Every window had a mosquito net fitted. Free wi-fi worked in the room. Wilbur was very helpful in giving us directions, recommendations of restaurants, even where to find reasonably priced jewellery shops.
Breakfast was delicious, of fresh fruit, fresh local pan de dulce, toast and yoghurt. Fresh coffee, juices and all served in their traditional kitchen. One day we asked Wilbur not to prepare breakfast as we wanted to sleep in, but we came down at 11am and found breakfast waiting for us!
General surroundings are very quaint with a back patio with furniture to sit down. It is in a period building, traditionally decorated and tranquil.
You can book tours directly through the B&B. We booked two tours (Uxmal and Chichen Itza), which were satisfactory, however we were unaware that the entry ticket price of the sites was not included in the tour package.
Overall we thoroughly recommend that you stay at Casa Sacnicte, it was pleasant, relaxing, incredible value for money and exactly what we were hoping for!

Room Tip: If you like this review, we stayed in Room 6.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larry G
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Casa Sac Nicte is a little oasis in Merida. Keeping in mind how busy and noisy Merida is, Sac Nicte offers you a relax quaint and charming atmosphere. Some of the rooms downstairs are a little bit dark so ask for a brighther room next to the inside patio. The B&B is beautifully decorated with Mexican artwork and colors. The best part was Wilbur, totally fluent in English who will spend time with you just to chat or to give you tips on restaurants and places to go. He is total delight to talk to about customs and traditions, the Yucatan, Mexico's politics, religion.
I would totally recommend this Casa Sac Nicte when traveling to Merida.

Room Tip: Our room faced the inside patio and it was very quiet and had natural light.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank palomonski
Sunshine Beach, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Every time I walked through the door and every morning i woke up , I smiled to myself .
THIS PLACE IS SO GOOD . I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND IT
Its peaceful , its beautiful , delicious breakfasts , courtyard sanctuary , cheerful happy Guadalupe , kind generous Wilbert who is one of lifes treasures and speaks perfect English , renovated by interior designer and architect , clean , colourful , homely , soft drapes ,new bathrooms , hot showers , beautiful beds , frige , tv , aircon ,fans , internet ,excellent value , everything is here , and so much LOVE and the WARMEST WELCOME

Room Tip: Windows facing back garden ! or upstairs
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank kristinperu
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I really enjoyed a lot staying at Casa Sacnicte! It's run by an extremely friendly and helpful couple. Breakfast (with fresh orange) juice was included and the room, although a bit dark, was exceptionally clean. Free internet access would have been included too but didn't work while I was there, so I used the internet cafe around the corner.
Another plus: it's only 5min away from the Zocalo (walking distance).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo