“I measure all B&B experiences against this one”
Review of Cascadas de Merida

Cascadas de Merida
Ranked #5 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I haven't ever written a review and find that when looking for another B&B in Costa Rica, I keep thinking I want it to be as great an experience as we had at Cascadas de Merida.

So that is why I'm writing a review 2.5 years later-- it was fabulous-- the hosts, the food, the bed, the shower, the location and the ambiance.

I put that we traveled this month, but it was February, coming up on 3 years ago!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife & I stayed 4 days at Cascadas back in May and it stands out as one of the nicest places we stayed during our 2 week trip in theYucutan. Great people, amazing food and one of the most relaxing and cosy places to hang out and relax in. We hope to go back soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at Cascadas de Merida in the middle of July, we had an amazing getaway vacation there. Great breakfast is the perfect way to make vacationers happy, and let me tell you, every single morning we were there the breakfast was delicious. When planning our day trips, the owners of the establishment were very accommodating, giving us tips of where to go and what to do.

Never did we have a moment where we were not sure of what to do with our time. The Cascadas de Merida resort was very well maintained, something I can't say for some of the other resorts we have been to. Rooms and bathrooms were consistently clean, every day we were there.

I am giving this B&B 5 stars, and definitely recommending it to all of my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This B&B is gorgeous and the owner and staff are so helpful and caring! Super comfortable amenities and they can help you decide what kinds of excursions are in the area and will give you great little tips to help you around town! They make you a wonderful breakfast each morning too! Our stay was nothing short of incredible thanks to the Cascadas de Merida! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our first vacation to Merida with my wife and I have to tell you that this place is amazing! Cascadas is very well located within walking distance to the downtown Santiago Plaza, shopping great restaurants and transport literally within a 5 min walk. The staff is wonderful and very attentive. We enjoyed our stay and already planned to come back next year. Ellyne and Chucho the owners are wonderful and very much involved and making sure you stay is perfect. Book now you will not be disappointed. :-)

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarlosOrozco
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice pleasant B&B located in a quiet area, just a short walk to the downtown plaza. Great host & hostess with an excellent staff. Ellyne will make you feel more like family, rather then just a guest. She can set up your tours & will get you going in the right direction. We met some great people while we were there.Great breakfast, clean & spacious air conditioned rooms & a nice pool to cool off in. Thank you Chucho & Ellyne for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bushwick51
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I could feel the warmth and professionalism of Ellyne from the first contact through email and i was not disappointed once i arrived at Cascadas de Merida. This, being my first experience in a B & B, i wasn't sure if i would like it and i absolutely loved it. I was here on business but it really felt like a vacation, Ellyne made sure that i was OK and if i wanted anything at all to count on her or her husband Chucho . I met some wonderful people here and everything was as described and actually it looked better than i expected , the cascades in the shower are absolutely beautiful. As for the breakfast , as Ellyne warned me the night before ,,, make sure you are hungry,,,, she meant it , nothing was missing and there was so much food and soooooo good. I stayed only 2 nights at Cascadas de Merida but whenever i go back for business , there is no more hotel for me in Merida , they really mean it when they say : Mi casa es su Casa. Thank you Ellyne and Chucho.

Merci Beaucoup pour un temp merveilleux , je recommande cette petite hotel avec déjeuner sans problème, il est bien situé et les hôtes sont absolument fantastique. On nous traîte au petits oignons. Les chambres sont super propre et le déjeuner , absolument phénoménale. Si vous arrêtez à Merida n'hésitez pas à demeurer à cet endroit. Tout à fait super. Merci à Ellyne et Chucho.

Claude