All reviews yogurt tortillas egg dishes other guests bed and breakfast fruit drinks each morning wealth of information an oasis over christmas helpful hosts comfortable beds our honeymoon delicious breakfast a wonderful place to stay visiting merida bottled water
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We throughly enjoyed our stay at Cascadas de Merida. Right from our late evening arrival to the minute of our departure, Ellyne and Chucho were the consummate hosts. It seemed Ellyne could not do enough for us. The breakfasts were terrific, plenty of yogurt, granola, fresh fruit and buns and pastry - to start. Then the hot breakfasts came which were quite good. Our room was clean and tastefully appointed. The pool and deck area were a good place to "hang out" or to jump into after an afternoon of walking around El Centro. We very much appreciated the degree of concern, attention and assistance that Ellyne gave us when we asked one of our 1001 questions. When my wife came down with an illness, Ellyne went the extra MILES, to help us. If all New Yorkers are like Ellyne, then we want to visit there, too.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed April 16, 2013

....my only complaint was that we didn't have more time to spend in this lovely oasis! The location is great, the facilities second to none (nice job, Chucho!)....Ellyne and staff are so amazing, it's almost like staying in a friend's home. The breakfast was outstanding...and how about those drinks by the pool!?! Couldn't ask for more......except more time, that is! Treat yourself.....you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: You can't get a bad room here.....they are equally wonderful.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at the end of March 2013 at Cascadas de Merida! Ellyn was a warm & welcoming hostess. The house is beautifully cared for, very colorful, the staff lovely and efficient, the rooms very pretty, clean, comfy bed, well thought out. I loved the attention to detail: everything from the neem soap to the bottled water, to the waterfalls outside 2 of my windows....the swimming pool such a refreshing and peaceful experience, the neighborhood very quiet yet close enough to walk to town. Breakfast was delicious....homemade. True Mexican hospitality and Colonial style!
Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank BellaSFBayArea
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I went to Merida and Cascadas in February 2013 with my mom, and stayed for four nights. The house and rooms were beautiful and elegant,, with a lovely pool in the centre. The breakfasts were amazing, and the hosts offered us drinks and liquados in the daytime.
Unfortunatly, I got really sick and had to stay in bed for a few days. Fortunatly, we were in the right place. Ellwyn gave me clean sheats, a special herbal tea for my throught, and best of all, she drove me to a hospital and helped translate to a doctor to make sure I got the best care and help. I got some strong medicine which made me better and we managed to get on with our vacation. Thank you so much!
I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SarafromStockholm
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We discovered this Bed and Breakfast through Trip Advisor and once again found the recommendations to be accurate and reliable. Cascadas was a just perfect in so many ways-peaceful, beautiful, great beds, even greater breakfasts and it was centrally located for lots of walking. Staying in Merida is a perfect base for exploring the surrounding area either by car (recommended-driving is easy and gives you so much freedom) or organized small tours. Last and best is Ellyne's enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge for the area which she shares generously. We cannot recommend this highly enough.

Room tip: All rooms looked equally lovely
Date of stay: March 2013