“Great dives for all!”

Freedom Divers Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Tours, English & Spanish Speaking Guides, Cenote Diving and Snorkelling, Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Mayan Ruins, SCUBA Training
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 25, 2014

When I first met Jeff he was an instructor at a school in the Florida Keys. I had such a good time doing my first certification with him that when I had heard he had gone out on his own in Mexico's pristine Cenotes, I could not resist.

After I moved to Mexico, Jeff and his lovely wife took me on their Maya Immersion tour, where I enjoyed diving in a Cenote, a hike through a dry cave, and a tour of Uxmal, which is one of the most beautiful Mayan sites I have seen to this day.

Beyond professional, Freedom Divers Mexico are among one of the most fun companies I feel I could have chosen. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone wanting to dive Cenotes, to see the beautiful excursions Merida has to offer, and to enjoy the rich culture of Mexico. Don't wait! This is an experience that you will want to do all over again!

2  Thank WanderingMichele

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I made the trip down to Merida and had a phenomenal experience with Freedom Divers! Jeff is an incredible guide/leader and it was truly one of the best diving experiences of my life. We'll be back next year for sure!

1  Thank Cory S
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Absolutely amazing dives! Jeff was a great guide very professional and friendly. I highly recommend this to anyone thinking of going!!!!

1  Thank Scubajay1375
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I came down to Merida, Mexico with my fiancé. Neither of us had any diving experience, but Freedom Divers offers a "Discover Scuba" course which is a one day course consisting of pool training with all of the scuba equipment and then a 1 tank dive in a beautiful Cenote. For those of you who may not know, a Cenote is a big hole in the ground with crystal clear water. They are absolutely beautiful.

Our instructor/guide, Jeff was great. He really took his time with us. And being that we don't speak much Spanish, it was a huge help that he spoke fluent English. He really made us feel comfortable. He provided lunch and snacks and even made a video of our dive for us. All included.

After our dive we were hooked. The rest of our trip we couldn't stop talking about how cool it was and how much fun we had. We have already scheduled our trip back to take the full course with Freedom Divers. If you are heading to Merida, Mexico and are interested in diving or snorkeling in the cenotes I highly recommend Jeff and Mariana at Freedom Divers Mexico.

1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was an awesome time! I cannot wait to go back! I have had a few experiences snorkeling, most recently in the Cayman Islands, it didn't even come close to the experience we had with Freedom Divers. Snorkeling in the Cenotes was an experience like no other!

Freedom Divers is top shelf, be sure to check them out!

Thanks for a great time,
Derek G