“DON'T GO...UNLESS>>>>”
Truly Memorable
Come. Enjoy.
Media Room
Cooking Classes Available
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Nebraska
“DON'T GO...UNLESS>>>>”
Reviewed November 3, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Don't go...unless>>>You want to unwind, eat delicious food, some of which is grown on site, have your needs attended to in a gracious manner, relax by a fresh water pool, have extremely clean rooms & other facilities, endure exotic spa massages, kick back in the jacuzzi, enjoy candlelight on the grounds, hike trails in the surrounding area, which has reverted to native plants of all sorts, take tours to see flamingos, cenotes, ancient pyramids & architecture, bargain (or not) in the Merida market places, enjoy a candlelit serenade by excellent guitarists.....basically...indulge yourself...yeah, don't go....you'll be tempted to go back....soon.
Ours was a cooking vacation, with other strangers, which soon became friends...swayed by the camaraderie of the shared experience.
However, if you prefer to avoid others (you loner, you)..the grounds are extensive, and there are many secluded nooks, in which you can be one with your inner self...and all of the flora and fauna.
There is a fine large game room, but didn't use it...at all...too fantastic out of doors, and the weather was perfect.
Oh, and did I mention the great food? Yes....

The area and hacienda abounds with history, (if you're one of those--I am)....and the staff is proud to relate the tales.

The people that took care of us were some of the nicest people you might ever meet....
(unlike some places, where they're pushy, snooty, gushy (I intensely dislike those), angry, sullen..well, you get the picture....they were the antithesis of those types)

As for those that might be apprehensive about traveling in Mexico, before we left, to assuage my sweet heart's concerns, I did an extensive search, and found that that area of the Yucatan is safer than most places in the world...and even, our home town....hard to imagine, I was surprised, actually.

We traveled a couple of days early, to spend time in Merida, and if you enjoy local customs, you might consider it...On Sunday evenings, there's traditional dancing in the town square. *Find the Gordita place by the square, you won't regret it.

Here's their blog site (covers several years), which features history and a few recipes.

Hmm, I'm ordinarily not so effusive...but....writing this has brought back memories....and...the place deserves it

Go, Enjoy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: There was no one thing...it was the entire experience.
Liked least: That I didn't stay for a month.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Adrienne...
Mamaroneck, New York
“Most beautiful of stays in Mexico”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

I joined my sister and her friends who had visited Petac in the past, and the Hacienda, the manager and staff, accommodations, meals and services very quickly out did her descriptions. The photos capture some of the beauty, but the sounds of birds, the air, and ease of slipping into a time of gracious service and the mix of modern convenience and timeless elegance is hard to capture. I cannot speak to their cooking classes, but will want to return for them, or for a week of leisure.

Traveling group: Friends
Pat F
Shady Side, MD
“Best overall trip we've ever taken!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

We recently stayed at Hacienda Petac where we participated in a Yucatan cooking class; the trip also included a few excursions into the city and to Uxmal. My husband and I are retired and have done a fair amount of traveling. Neither words nor pictures can adequately convey how special this place is. Most reviews will mention that it is a tastefully restored Hacienda with exquisite attention to detail. Or that the tasty meals, made with fresh ingredients, were always were presented on splendidly dressed tables, complete with artistically arranged flower petals and unique napkin settings. The accommodations are spectacular in every way; the additional amenities (heated pool, spa, game room, media room , etc.) allow utmost pampering of oneself.
One part of the experience that struck us the most, however, is the management and staff. It is clear that the staff is happy and having fun at what they do; The hacienda is exceptionally well-run. I can't think of a detail that was omitted - when we arrived we were greeted with a glass of hibiscus tea; after touring Uxmal, on return to our van, we were each handed a cool washcloth that had been packed in a cooler.
The setting alone is incredible; add in all the other well done components and this is a vacation we will always remember.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner

Rugged travelers
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 30, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing