“This Place is a Jewel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Los Arcos Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I have made three trips to Merida in the last year and can't believe my luck in finding this jewel of a bed and breakfast. The owners, David and Jim, have lovingly added two rooms to the courtyard of their home which are available for guests. Both rooms overlook the pool area and the beautiful gardens. The rooms are decorated with artwork and artifacts from Mexico, and the bathrooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are so comfortable that you actually sleep instead of tossing and turning all night. My husband and I have stayed in many foreign rooms, and the first thing he looks for is CNN in English. Not only does this B&B provide CNN, but multiple English speaking channels are available on the tv. You can actually watch the evening news if you're inclined to do so. There is internet access to check your email, and suggestions from David as to where to eat and where to go. Merida is a delightful town which provides free nightly entertainment and has multiple restaurants running from fast food to gourmet. David will keep you up to date on all of the happenings. He is so thoughtful that he even provided me with a six pack of my favorite Mexican beer so that the first thing I did after my long flight and drive from Cancun to Merida was to sit by the pool, drinking beer and getting all the news since my last visit. I often travel by myself, and feel completely secure at Los Arcos. I hope I never have to stay anywhere else while in Merida.

12  Thank lippincottfarm
There are newer reviews for Los Arcos Bed & Breakfast

North Carolina USA
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I recently visited Merida and stayed for several days at Los Arcos. After a long trip from the US, I was tired and in need of rest. When I entered Los Arcos, I immediately felt at home. The atmosphere of the house was quiet and peaceful, not to mention a feast for the eyes, with all of the interesting art and antiques about.
Upon entering the lush garden with the sound of birds and fountains, I knew that my stay would be relaxing and comfortable. The only problem was that I had not made my reservation for a long enough stay!
There was a feeling of complete privacy. I felt like the garden and pool were my very own, and so after a day of sightseeing and hot tromping around the Mayan ruins, it was great to come back and relax in such a nice atmosphere.
The proprietors of Los Arcos are friendly without getting in your way. There is ample information available for the tourist to Merida.
I would visit there again, and recommend it for anyone who wants to get a feel for downtown Merida. el centro..within walking distance to almost everything.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2005

Los Arcos bed and breakfast in El Centro district of Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico,
is an astonishingly luxurious and gracious hostelry in this lovely Latin American city. The owners have spared no expense in providing visitors with every conceivable amenity. Breakfasts are lavish and specially prepared for each guest's predilictions. The air-conditioned rooms are furnished in Mexican colonial style with lots of original artwork and handmade wrought iron beds with premium matresses and linens. The bathrooms are finished in Mexican tile and marble, and have large showers with generous seating area. Alberto, the young concièrge, is available for guests' special needs such as 1-day laundry service, restaurant reservations, etc. The lush, tropical patio features enormous aviaries surrounding the pool. We have visited Los Arcos for three extended stays, and cannot recommend this establishment too highly.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2005

A wonderful B&B in this beautiful city. The room was clean and well-appointed and the service --- friendly and helpful --made our stay there even more delightful. I highly recommend the Los Arcos.
The staff recommended some wonderful restaurants and tours.

Stayed: May 2005
14  Thank joe2go
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2005

I just returned from my second visit to Merida and my second stay at Los Arcos and I was as pleased with the accomodations and service this trip as I was on my first stay. David and Jim have created a special piece of tranquility in the middle of a bustling city. Guests are housed in their very own private casitas that are richly appointed with comfortable beds and every amenity a guest might need. Right outside your door is a tropical oasis. The pool ( where a delightful complimentary breadfast is served each morning) is surrounded with lush vegetation and the courtyard is ringed with wall fountains. The setting is so peaceful that is difficult to leave Los Arcos each morning.
David and Jim are excellent hosts who are very service oriented. They are extremely knowlegeable about Merida and will drop whatever they are doing to help you with whatever you might need.
After only 1 visit you will know that you have not only experienced Merida, but have also made 2 new friends.
I am now planning my 3rd trip to Merida in October. I can't wait to get back to Los Arcos.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2005

Los Arcos Bed and Breakfast is a must in Merida! Ample, gourmet breakfasts, tropical plants, fountains, singing birds in the morning, swimming at night --all the fine touches one expects when staying in a first-class, world-class bed and breakfast. If you want to be pampered, yet have all the privacy you could ever want, this is the place. The suites are luxurious, but so much like home -- if your home has been professionally decorated. Art is everywhere! The main house is filled with Mexican antiques and curiosities from all over the world. If you want to venture into the city of Merida...Los Arcos is smack dab in the Historic District. Your hosts, David Reed and Jim Mann know the city and all of its best places. A short drive away will take you right the warm Gulf of Mexico waters. Los Arcos is on my list and at the top of my list of places to stay in the Yucatan!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business