“David saved our trip, twice!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Los Arcos Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Superb - that's all we have to say about Los Arcos. It's indeed like an oasis in the heart of Merida.

There are thousands of words here about how great Los Arcos is. All true. The minute my wife and I stepped into the gorgeous garden after a 5-hour bus ride to Merida, we felt just refreshed. Although we just stayed 2 nights, we can understand why everybody loves it. Every morning we have a BIG breakfast with lots of fruits/juice/yogurt/cake/etc. Very healthy and delicious! I especially like the perfectly seasoned scrambled eggs cooked by Lucas. In every evening when we come back, we just sit in the garden and relax. Peaceful! By the way, the bed and linens are so comfortable. We had very good sleep every night. Everything is perfect!

The person who made Los Arcos fantastic is David. We arrived at Merida on Christmas Day, with no prior arrangements on tours or anything. We just thought about visiting Uxmal the next day and hopefully Chichen Itza on our way back to Playa. We discussed with David about bus schedule, rental car, tour guide and things alike. There are many potential problems that concerned us. Then, David said, "Let me ask my friend Denis, he may be able to help." We didn't expect much as it's holiday. In the evening, David told us with a big smile that he called Denis several times and finally got him on the dining table. Denis can arrange our tour to Uxmal and, more importantly, our trip back to Playa with a stop at Chichen Itza. That customized tour solved all our problems and cleared all our concerns. We couldn't believe it when we first heard the great news! "Miracle" is the only word jumped out of our minds. What a memorable Christmas day! By the way, Uxmal and Chichen Itza are AMAZING! Without David and Denis, we'd have missed a lot.

The second miracle was on our Day 2. We took a taxi back to Los Arcos, and 5 minutes later my wife realized she left her iphone on the taxi (btw, that is not the miracle). She felt so bad that all the beautiful pictures she took would be lost. David and Lucas immediately called the taxi company for help. David even lit a candle for us. Then, 10 minutes later, the miracle occurred: the taxi driver found the phone, drove back and returned it to us. He didn't hear the radio broadcasting, but he just thought it's the right thing to do. Salute to Merida people! We started to understand why David found himself belong to Merida when he first came there.

Good things happen without a plan. Ture. If you meet people like David, Denis and Lucas, you can expect good things...

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Just spent 3 days in Paradise! Totally made my trip to Merida a fabulous time.Like all the buildings in Merida the outside door doesn't tell you what is inside.Once you go inside the door you will be suprised, the lush courtyard, pool, the decor. The back courtyard is perfect for drinks and coffee. The rooms are beautiful done each one is artfully decorated, in fact the whole house is like an art show! David Reed in fact is an artist, and his talent is reflected in the decor and beauty of Los Arcos. I highly recommend this wonderful old town residence.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank marlene m
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Partner and I have stayed at Los Arcos a few times in the past 3 years. We were there recently for a quick overnight as we had business to tend to in Merida and rather than drive back to our beachhouse outside Merida I called David to see if he had room and by absolute luck he did. (Los Arcos is always booked!) The vibe that David creates at Los Arcos is what makes it so unique. David is gracious, warm, knows about everything in and around Merida and clearly enjoys his role as an Ambassador for his guests. He serves amazing food in the morning, too. I think what impresses me most about David and Los Arcos is that it really feels like a home away from home. Comfortable and inviting. Oh!, do not forget to ask David to see his paintings. We have bought 5 of his paintings. Most of them are at our house at the beach, but we now have 2 in our home in NYC. Simply put, Los Arcos & David Reed himself exemplifies what is at the core of life in the area. Bravo, David (aka Buddha Darling!), and many thanks! Best regards, too, to Lucas. See you when we return in March!

Room Tip: Each of the rooms we have stayed in beautifully appointed. I had the best sleep when staying there...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HIGGINS2010
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Los Arcos is an amazing compound located in the heart of Merida's old-town area. The main house is a beautiful explosion of a genius artist's spirit. The rear of the house is a gorgeous lush courtyard with a wonderful swimming pool and small destination areas to have your coffee or a drink. Tasteful yet with splendid flair, you will feel at once exhilarated and at ease.

Perhaps most importantly to your experience at Los Arcos is the proprietor, David Reed. Honest, warm, charming and always very helpful, he will be essential to making your trip to Merida an unforgettable one. Ask him and David will not lead you in the wrong direction. Finally, the costs for the rooms extremely reasonable.

I cannot recommend Los Arcos enough. Look no further!

2  Thank Jonathan C
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Since I will be limited by the space allowance I'll try to be brief! Being brief would not do justice to this piece of PARADISE awaiting you when you come to Merida. Like almost all of the buildings in Merida you may be surprised by the exterior of the building. A large imposing wall with an attractive doorway. But wait until that door opens!! You will almost be overwhelmed by what your eyes behold. The display of art and antiques and the interior of this home must be seen to be believed! There is literally something for everyone. You can view all the pictures here and elsewhere and they just don't begin to capture what you will see. As you pass through David's beautiful home your eyes will be drawn to the TROPICAL OASIS that awaits you, spectacular palms and gorgeous plants surrounding a large swimming pool in the backyard. It is at the end of this space where the two rental casitas are located.

Be prepared for some of the best and most delicious breakfasts you have ever had and best of all THEY ARE INCLUDED in your rental fee. Lucas, and believe me you will come to know him right away, is not only an EXCELLENT COOK but just an all-around great guy. If you need anything during your stay just ask. Lucas or David are only too willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay a memorable one.

As has been mentioned here by others there are 5 other residents that call Los Arcos home. They are the 3 little dogs and 2 cats that make this truly feel like a "home". For those of you that may not be animal lovers do not worry they were never a problem. For us animal lovers you couldn't ask for better behaved pets. I will miss them as much as the house, Merida, Lucas and David.

Speaking of David I doubt that there exists a better or warmer host anywhere. He truly cares about each of his guests and wants your stay here to be even better than you could have imagined. I hope to return to Merida and to Los Arcos next year. While I will probably be doing a "long term rental" in one of the restored homes in the area I will definitely be stopping by to say hello to Lucas, David and my furry little friends.

Location, Hospitality, Beauty, Service and FRIENDLINESS, this place has it all.

As a few others have stated here, if it is available you should ask about the "private" upstairs studio apartment. While it is a little more expensive then the two casitas it is GLORIOUS!! You have your own bedroom, sitting room and master bath that has to be seen to be believed. It takes up the entire second floor. As if that's not enough you also have a VERY PRIVATE sundeck and above this a rooftop patio.

You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Private upstairs suite if available is not to be missed.
2  Thank George L
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I just can repeat what already a lot of people wrote here.
Los Arcos is a tranquil oasis in Merida just a 10 min walk away from downtown.
The rooms are great and the courtyard with the swimming pool is a little paradise! Even better than the pictures imply!
David Reed is a great host: friendly, helpful, and with respect for you privacy. Breakfast was always very good: fresh fruits, cakes, eggs and something local (great job Lucas).
We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you David and Lucas!

2  Thank Nilan2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Los arcos was such a wonderful place to relax that I spent more time enjoying the b&b than I did touring the city! A great excuse to come back to merida and Los arcos. The main house room was unbelievable, the food was fantastic and the gardens and art were beautiful. David and Lucas made me feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple