“A fantastic B&B in the heart of downtown Mérida.”
Review of Casa Ana B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Ana B & B
Ranked #9 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My wife and I spent a week in April 2008 at this lovely B&B in downtown Mérida, and we highly recommend it. The proprietors, Ana and Marianna, were friendly and helpful and treated us like friends. The hotel's courtyard is lovingly maintained and became our favorite place to hang out in Mérida during the heat of the afternoons. The location is within easy walking distance of the center of town and close to several excellent restaurants and sights. Ana will happily book a tour for you, call you a taxi, make a restaurant reservation, or whatever you need.

The rooms are quiet and private. All rooms come with ceiling fans as well as air conditioning if you need it (we didn't) and, in addition to the clean and comfortable beds, all the rooms have hammocks (a local specialty), in case you feel like hanging out for a while. Some other commentors have expressed reservations about the bathrooms, which are closed off by tall screens rather than by full walls, but I want to make it clear that the bathrooms are still enclosed fully within the bedrooms—they are not shared with other guests, and we had no problem with them. If privacy is a concern you need only ask your roommate to step out into the courtyard for a few minutes--which is usually not a problem, as the courtyard is lovely and includes a comfortable reading area that is well-lit all night long.

Breakfast is delicious and simple and changes day to day, but always includes fresh fruit, yogurt, rolls or bread of some kind, juice, and coffee. We never ended up dining at Casa Ana but many other guests commented that Ana and Marianna make wonderful dinners as well. The B&B also provides a refrigerator full of ice-cold bottled water and soda (a necessity!) on the honor system, i.e. you pay at the end of your stay for however many bottles you have consumed.

The natural-rock swimming pool in the courtyard is small but perfectly sized for two people at a time, and is a wonderful way to cool off in the heat of the afternoon or in the evening after a day of sightseeing. The B&B will provide you with bathing towels if you require them.

Finally, the rates were extremely reasonable. We saw the hotel rooms of some other travelers we met during our stay, and definitely felt that we were getting a better deal.

To sum up we would happily return to Casa Ana again, and we can heartily recommend it. It's really a gem.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2008

We stayed at Casa Ana for eight days during February 2008 and had a wonderful time. Ana and Mariana are very helpful and very friendly, acting as our tour guides as we explored the City of Merida. Most everything in the centro section of the city is within walking distance but when transportation is needed, local buses can be caught less than a half block away and cost about fifty cents. Taxi's are about $5.00 to nearly anywhere in the city. If you want to visit Progreso, a large air-conditioned bus leaves and returns from within walking distance of Casa Ana every 15 minutes for about $2.50 for a round trip.

These ladies try their best to please their guests and are great cooks. If you've never tried Cuban Cooking, this is the place to eat. They charge $8.00 per person for a complete home cooked meal. The "frijoles con puerco" are fantastic!

Add air-conditioning to your room, it makes your stay much more pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I recently spent two wonderful nights at Casa Ana. It felt just like home. Ana and her staff were friendly, helpful, and made me feel like a house guest. Nice setting with pool, palapa, several seating areas and nice plantings. Just a few blocks from the center of town and the neighborhood was quiet. Lovely breakfasts, and it was fun meeting some of the other guests. Looking forward to another visit!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MexicoTed-1
Reviewed December 20, 2007

We stayed at Casa Ana for two nights, upon arriving and departing Merida for a Hacienda tour in central Yucatan. The B&B is very clean, friendly and a nice little oasis in the heart of Central Merida. You are within easy walking distance of the city center, dining, and the key local attractions. The real charm of the B&B were our hosts, Ana and Marianna, who made us feel so welcome and took the time to get to know us and assist us with our travel plans. They serve a nice continental breakfast, and you can eat dinner with them any night for a small charge. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The rates were very reasonable. There is a small plunge pool and numerous gardens to sit and relax in. I'll return to Casa Ana on my next visit to Merida, and can easily recommend it for someone looking for a friendly, authentic alternative to a traditional hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SDSteve
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Clean, friendly little oasis in Merida. I could not have found a better B&B. The room was simple and beautiful. The beds were extremely comfie. I loved that they had screens on the windows and door so no need to use an A/C. I left my door and windows open all night and felt very safe. Very private court yard.
I sat and read outside my room in the day and felt comfortable walking the many blocks from the Center Plaza in the evenings.
My only problem was no drinking water in the room. WE had to purchase it by the bottle from the owners or bring it in from the local store. Otherwise I would return in a heartbeat. Great place

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank OaklandPat
Reviewed August 27, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed here in February 2007 and we loved it. It was located so close to downtown Merida and the house itself is beautiful. The rooms were spotless and the bed one of the most comfortable I have slept in.

Ana and Mariana are excellent hosts and extremely helpful in recommending sights, getting taxis and generally helping out.

The value for money in this b and b was superb and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Magritte75
Reviewed April 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Casa Ana for ten days and enjoyed it immensely. The owners, Ana and Mariana, run a very happy house. They will book excursions, recommend shops and (for us) order a doctor's house call and translate between doctor and patient. They will do your laundry -if it's not raining- at a very reasonable price. Their dinners are of the highest quality and inventiveness, but you need to book a place at table in the morning before Mariana heads to the market. Our stay was altogether wonderful. Gale and Dan Myers

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SouthTexasCarolG