Hotel del Peregrino
$89
$93
  • Pool
Luz En Yucatan(Merida)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Pool
$116
$71
Hotel Casa del Balam(Merida)(Great Value!)
$57
$50
Merida Santiago Hotel Boutique(Merida)
$132
Hyatt Regency Merida(Merida)
$76
$213
$205
All reviewsmayan ecotourschose hotelquiet streetwalking distancethe breakfast areasmall hotelthe wi ficeiling fanpleasant hotelother gueststhoroughly enjoyed our stayfirst floorcolonial homecentral areaincluded breakfastair conditioningopen courtyard
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here April 1-5, 2014. The staff were always helpful and friendly, our room always clean. We originally had a top floor room with a street view of utility wires, but changed to a room on the top floor with a view of the pleasant, relaxing inner courtyard. The A/C worked well in both rooms. The building is about 2 and 1/2 stories high (no elevators). Be aware that some rooms have no windows and lower floor rooms may open directly onto the breakfast area. The location was quiet and safe and within walking distance of the sites, restaurants, and market places of the Centro (within 10 blocks).

The continental breakfast was plenty for our needs and it was convenient to NOT have to find a breakfast place in the mornings. The only con for travelers who need an early start was that breakfast was scheduled from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. We weren't in a rush so we enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts and coffee.

Originally, the wi-fi only worked in the lobby, but that problem was worked on while we were there and we were able to use the wi-fi easily from our room.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not open onto the breakfast area and has a window.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank exsoccermom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this small and cosy hotel. We wished to extend our stay but unfortunately is was fully booked.
Our room was next to the breakfast/common area wich made it a little bit noisy... one morning the music startet a bit too early....

But we would definetly come back, the breakfast is brilliant! (and included). It is located in a quiet street, just five minutes from the big plaza.

Room Tip: Second floor is probably more quiet then the first.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carinavik
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff were wonderful and attentive! They took really good care of us and helped us book all our trips to get around Merida. It's a small hotel (only has 13 rooms), but it is very clean and comfortable. Simple, but well kept. Lovely place to stay with great staff!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edyth R
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the only place that did not disappoint on my recent trip to Mexico when it came to accommodation. It was exactly what I had hope to stay in.
The atmosphere here is wonderful. The building itself is Mexican Colonial with mosaics inside and out. The courtyards are great to sit in as they get sun but best of all they have music (softly) playing which gives the most relaxing vibe.
The staff make you feel like family, they are knowledgeable and I loved that they had a dog.
The room I had contained two double beds and was spacious enough. This room had the best shower I experienced while in Mexico.
The bed was comfortable and the pillow would have to be the comfiest pillow I have ever slept on. The room also contained a fan (and air conditioning).
Breakfast was great. Muesli, Yoghurt, Fresh Fruit, Bread, Coffee and Juice. One of my few gripes is that breakfast time doesn't allow for a big sleep in. Also, regardless of the time there seemed to be a shortage - not that this was a big problem as the staff provided more.
It is only a 10 minute stroll to the centre of town. Nice and close but also quiet.
Wifi can be a bit tricky but this seems to be a problem throughout the Yucatan.
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I imagine the rooms on the ground floor are a little noisy as they are right off the courtyard that has breakfast. I had room 11 and I loved it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Marissa R
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Within walking distance of the historic center, this hotel is in a great location. Staff very friendly and extremely helpful with any and all of our questions. My husband and Iucked out and had a wonderful, large, airy room on the top floor with a patio outside our door. We had windows onto the street which gave us lots of light but was really not noisey at all. Our travel companions were not so lucky, had no extra outside windows, and their room was very crowded with three beds and almost no room for walking around, dark and a bit gloomy for my taste. Then, too, there were rooms downstairs right next to the check-in counter, again very dark and a bit gloomy. So I guess we were just the lucky ones. The place was very clean and the breakfast quite good for a "continental breakfast". Good coffee, cereal, toast, lots of fruit, juice, an extra little pastry thing, yogurt, granola. Certainly enough to keep you going all morning! The staff was excellent, the rooms very clean, all in all a perfect place for the money if you luck into the right room. Plenty of hot water and a good shower. I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs. I think ours was room 14 (not absolutely sure) and it was great. Some of the rooms are a bit gloomy, although very clean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends