“Fourth Stay Coming Up!”

Hotel del Peregrino
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This review comes late, but better late than never. Within the past year, I have stayed at this wonderful hotel 3 times, and am looking forward to a fourth stay in February. The hotel is located within a safe (at any hour) easy walk from the historical district. The staff is second to none, and I travel extensively, mostly on my own. They are friendly, helpful, and put up with my still very poor Spanish when I can croak out enough words. The accommodations are clean and beautiful, with air conditioning for those of us unused to the daily heat. Breakfast, while described as continental, is more than enough to make a good start for your day, with yoghurt, fruit, cereal, coffee and these little sandwich-y things - I have no idea what they are, you'd think I should have asked by now, they are sweet and savoury at the same day and I could eat a plateful of them on my own.

There are many restaurants nearby to choose from, I try to stay local and authentic if possible, but you can have pretty much whatever you want. Merida itself, is cleans, safe and beautiful, and is a city that I feel most comfortable in whether on my own or with friends.

Hotel del Peregrino makes a fine base for exploring the beauty of this area. It continues to be my home away from home while in Merida. With lovely, clean accommodations in close proximity to the historical centre, and caring staff who will look after your needs, you can't go wrong by staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground level room if you have wonky knees or hips. They are still very quiet in spite of b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank nomadnurse
There are newer reviews for Hotel del Peregrino

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My Belizean family and I spent the Christmas holidays there in 2013. The service was pleasant and professional. We met the owner and the concierge. They were both very friendly. While we were there our transportation back to Belize changed suddenly. We had to scramble to change our time we had planned to spend in Merida. The owner and his staff went above and beyond accommodating us. With their help we were able to save money, organize an excursion, rebook and confirm our transportation back to Belize. They even had our tickets delivered for us to the hotel. I can't thank them enough for their help.

The hotel itself was not only beautiful but it was also very convenient. Because of the hotel's location we were able to walk everywhere. My sister and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi after a long leisurely day of walking the town. The rooms were nice, clean and very comfortable. The continental breakfast is enough to get your day started and they allow you to use their communal kitchen. If you get hungry, there are lots of places to eat near by and some of them deliver. I would highly recommend this hotel. I'm definitely staying at the Peregrino the next time I visit Merida Mexico.

Room Tip: We booked a non-smoking double occupancy room. Our room was located upstairs and was quiet and fille...
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My family of two adults and two kids stayed here for three nights. At first we were in a triple room and then we moved to a double room (because I was late in planning my trip). Both rooms were nice with comfortable (for Mexico) beds with plenty of space.

This hotel (in the US, we'd call it more of a bed & breakfast) is small, with maybe 14 rooms on three floors. The courtyard has a kitchen and tables where they serve breakfast. The upstairs deck has a couple tables for relaxing and a very clean hot tub.

Conveniently located between the Paseo del Montejo and the main plaza, about 5 - 7 blocks to either. We did a lot of walking, but it was nice to be on a quiet street when it came time to go to sleep. We had a ground floor room that faced the street and didn't have any problems with noise.

The staff at Hotel del Peregrino are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and made our visit a lot easier! We stayed at six different places over our 10-day trip and there is a huge variety in the level of service offered in Mexico. These guys were the best and my kids said it was their favorite of all the places we stayed.

Room Tip: A double room was sufficient for our family of four, no need to get the triple.
2  Thank Alisatva
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were extremely pleased with everything about Hotel Del Peregrino. The hotel itself is stunning with all its colonial charm and all the modern day features that made our stay very comfortable. The thing that stands out most is the five star service from all the staff. David was the most helpful and polite person we have ever come across in any hotel anywhere and Irma kept our room the and facilities spotless. We will be back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and son for a couple of days and everything was better than expected. Usually I have a problem with hard beds when travelling around Mexico, but the beds were good. We will make sure to book Peregrino next time we are in Merida. It is a smaller hotel and even though that doesn't guarantee flexibility, Peregrino really lived up to great flexibility when we needed to book some extra nights, leave some luggage and they even offered us to take a shower in the staff changing room (after check-out) if we wanted to clean off before our buss.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the street can be a little noisy if you are a very light sleeper.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my husband. I loved the place, the staff was super friendly and the room and bathroom were really clean. The price is affordable, about 40-45 Usd if you book directly through their webpage, and that includes a small breakfast, mostly fruits, cereal, juice and coffee.
Though I did not like that they don't have a parking area, you have to park on the street, and the walls on the rooms are really thin so you can hear a lot that is going on outside, plus the pool is not located at the peregrino hotel but in a nearby partner hotel.

Overall it was a good experience, if I need to go to Merida again in the near future I will consider staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor, they are a bit less noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albany A
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed in Hotel del Peregrino for two nights. Fernando (the guy at the reception) was very kind and friendly. He showed us the distances from Merida to Chichen Itza and from Merida to Uxmal and suggest some activities and sightseeing according to our short time in Merida. Since we had to leave the hotel very early in the morning, he organized that the breakfast would be available for us before we left the hotel. The rooms are very nice and clean and they have a very relaxing jacuzzi and a shared swimming pool. The rates are excellent, the hotel is very clean, the architecture very beautiful and it is in the heart of the city center of Merida. If I go again on holidays to Merida, I would definitively stay in this hotel again. I fully recommend it! :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family