“Beautiful B&B with an amazing hostess!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Angeles de Merida Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 85 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Let me begin by saying that my husband and I have stayed at some amazing 5 star properties within the US and the Caribbean. I booked this B&B because I felt it looked like the kind of property which appealed to our overall sense of style. I have to admit....when we arrived in Merida our first impression was a bit apprehensive because we drove in through the part of town which was not exactly "appealing." Boy, were we pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Angeles de Merida! Behind the tastefully painted facade, lay the most beautiful home I could have imagined. Dawn greeted us with such a sincere kindness! Our apprehension faded quickly and we knew we had made the right choice. Dawn made us feel right at home and showed us the entire property. Our room was tastefully decorated and overlooked the lovely courtyard and pool. Every morning a delicious breakfast was always prepared with the best fruits, and variety of dishes to keep you interested and full until late into the day! We had several afternoons when we would sit with Dawn and enjoy cocktails and nachos and just chat about Merida or anything else that came to mind. We really enjoyed those late afternoon chat sessions!
What truly seperated Dawn from the rest...is I have some very tricky health issues which require certain foods to regulate clotting. When I mentioned I was not getting enough of the "greens" I needed...Dawn went to the mercado and bought them for me. I was able to use the kitchen as if it were my own home and was able to ward off some potentially tricky issues. It truly touched me that she did that! I could go on and on about other lovely things that she did for us, but bottom line is that this B&B is hands down one of the loveliest places I have ever been. My husband and I were headed to a 5 star resort after our 4 night stay here and I did not want to leave Dawn and Angeles de Merida! That is a true testiment to her achievement at creating a wonderful experience! We will definitely be back to visit Dawn and I not only left Merida with fond memories, but also with a new friend!!!! Gracias Dawn!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Angeles de Merida Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed February 6, 2009

My husband and I have traveled extensively, often staying at 4 and 5 star hotels around the world.

On our trip to the Yucatan, we decided to try a B&B, choosing, over the internet, Angeles de Merida in the city of Merida. We found it to be a gem.

Driving up for the first time we wondered what we had gotten ourselves into. The neighborhood, at first glance seems run down. However, once we stepped inside Angeles de Merida we found a lovely, gracious B&B that holds its own with many of the “luxury” hotels we are used to. It is a beautiful property—painted with stunning colors; lovely landscape and a beautiful swimming pool. The rooms are simple but spacious. Black-out shutters kept us asleep; the bed was very comfortable; the towels—the softest in the Yucatan! It was spotless. (And, once we got acquainted with Merida, and some of the neighbors, we realized that Merida and the Yucatan has practically no crime, and we walked the streets night and day with ease.)

The owner, Dawn Cutts, asked about our dietary needs before we arrived, and cooked accordingly. But what made our breakfasts, and time just hanging out there even more memorable, was Dawn herself, who seemed to know every nook and cranny of Merida and the surrounding countryside, and practically planned our entire stay for us!

An added bonus was the camaraderie of our fellow guests. We highly recommend Angeles de Merida.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2009

We stayed in Merida over Christmas and New Years. We had a wonderful time at Angeles de Merida. The house is lovely and has great furnishings. Hosts Dawn and Jim made us feel very welcome. They really made an effort to find out our interests and direct us to places we would enjoy. They were very knowledgeable about Merida and surrounding area . We enjoyed uncommonly good breakfasts, something different everyday, featuring local flavors and always fresh fruit. The b&b was perfectly clean, had a great dipping pool, comfortable beds, all the comforts. We truly enjoyed the neighborhood, it was quiet yet close to all the action in the centre of Merida. We felt completely safe walking around at night and enjoyed some great restaurants in close proximity to the b&b.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2009

A wonderful venue for the whole family to get together for New Year, Angeles de Merida was relaxed, comfortable and very welcoming. The garden was quiet and the'kids' (22, 23 and 25!!!) all loved the pool.The rooms were all individually furnished to a high standard with lovely bathrooms and great robes! We stayed 7 days and had a different breakfast each day, including the best omelettes ever, wonderful fruit and good coffee. Dawn and Jim were great hosts, offering advice on days out, local transport and the best artisan shopping. The dogs were absolutely delighful and not at all intrusive. We had a really good time and would recommend this B and B to everyone; it was definitely very good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I've been around the global block a few times, and Angeles de Merida is the only lodging I have ever visited more than once, simply because I liked it so much. The owner is one of the rare hoteliers who operates out of love for travel and providing her guests with memorable experiences, the atmosphere is spacious and relaxing, breakfasts are a treat, and, best of all, staying there makes you feel like you are a part of the place you're visiting. Definitely a must stay if you are in the Yucatan.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2008

May is the hot month in Merida, but you can cool off in the pool at Angeles de Merida...and feel as if you own the place! Absolutely gorgeous, charming, and friendly...it made my stay in Merida lovely!
A boutique experience...colorful towels, robes and soaps in the charmingly decorated bathroom, and a large, well-appointed bedroom (I stayed in Castillo) with fine linens...and Dawn is a lovely hostess.
I stayed longer than I intended, and wish that I could have extended my stay even longer! Perfect place!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Spent 4 days at Angeles de Merida and loved the place. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean, good beds and linens and located through the courtyard so private. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. Our hostess was a pleasure to talk with, very helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions and being from the US, provided a perspective we were looking for. If you are looking for a B&B in Merida, you should definitely consider this one.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends