“Cool Comfort Complete with Canine Companions!”
Review of Casa Isabel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Isabel
Ranked #54 of 86 Merida B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Comfortable, quiet B & B convenient to both the main square (Plaza Grande) and Paseo de Montejo that features a central courtyard with a beautiful pool and tropical plants.

The garden cottage where I stayed for five days was big, clean, light and airy with great a/c when it got too hot and windows that could be opened to let in the warm night air. The breakfast was yogurt and granola, fresh fruit and juice, pastries and coffee served at my choice of time. Sergio was very thoughtful even bringing me coffee an hour before breakfast while I contacted my family at home using the complimentary WiFi as I sat by the pool. Sergio was also a wealth of information on the area with restaurant recommendations and other helpful travel tips.

As a solo traveler, I loved playing fetch with the dogs. Kai, the big puppy, never seeed to get tired! He'd jump into the pool again and again to fetch his or his mother Lola's toy. Cholo, the dad, was more laid back but still very friendly. Several cats were often lazing around and appreciated a pet now and then. I found the tortoises a few days, but they mainly stayed out of sight in the shade.

Overall, I had a wonderfully relaxing stay at Casa Esperanza and would love to stay again next time I visit Merida.

Room Tip: I loved the garden cottage!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank mydogislovely

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was our second visit to Casa Esperanza Inn. It was like going home to visit the Family. We were disappointed that Claudette was not there, but Sergio was handling things solo and did an excellent job of it. Room was great, as the visit last year. Sergio was great about accomodating side trips and arranging Taxis and suggestions for great places to eat and attractions.
I would recommend this place to anyone for a relaxing vacation in a central location to explore what Merida has to offer.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I just returned home after a most enjoyable and relaxing 2 week stay at the delightful and charming B&B Casa Esperanza Inn. From the moment you enter the gracious Colonial Mansion, you are cordially greeted by the wonderful hosts Claudette and Sergio and you feel their sincere warmth and hospitality. They are both helpful and accommodating to insure that you have a very comfortable stay and there is always a smile. I especially loved the gorgeous Colonial architecture of the Inn...its sunshine yellow palette and it's charming elegance. The stately home is warm and inviting, kept spotlessly clean and is tastefully decorated in lovely tropical and citrus colours. The pool which is located in the middle of the courtyard awaits like an oasis surrounded by gorgeous tropical gardens. The Garden Room where I stayed was very charming with it's fresh green colour, sunny decor and lovely Mexican tile floor. It was very clean, cozy with crisp fresh linens and perfectly relaxing for an afternoon siesta. I truly enjoyed ALL of my stay at B&B Casa Esperanza Inn and I would highly recommend this enchanting "home away from home"!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ZenLove
Reviewed May 19, 2011

We stayed six months ago and we always knew we would return, and now we have. Couldn't be more comfortable, homey and beautiful. We're actually staying in a historic French casona in the middle of the Yucatan, with two of the most friendly and engaging people you've ever met.
I don't often return somewhere so soon -- in fact, I never have before -- but I never got Casa Esperanza out of my mind. Those thoughts got us through a harsh New England winter.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steeroyo
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This was our second time staying at Casa Esperanza and we felt welcomed back by Sergio and Claudette as if we were old friends!. We extended our trip for a few days and after looking at six other hotels in the area we concluded that Casa Esperanza is by far the most beautiful and offers the best value. The entire property is immaculate, decorated beautifully and the old hacienda style architecture is exquisite. Our room was spacious, full of charm and had air conditioning. I had to do business during my stay and it was pure heaven to sit under the portal with my laptop surrounded by tropical plants with a view of the pool. It is our home in Merida and we won't stay anywhere else! Thank you, Claudette and Sergio!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mexika
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had the room tucked behind the pool for 3 nights in early April. Lovely room well appointed with a comfortable if on the firm side queen bed. Bathroom was very adequate for two and nicely decorated - plenty of hot water. Our only annoyance was with light coming in from the courtyard but that was remidied to a large degree with a request to Sergio to turn out some of the lighting.

Sergio is the main man at the Inn as Claudette was only seldom seen during our stay but was very pleasant when we encounterd her. Sergio prepared simple but very nice breakfasts mostly consisting of fresh fruit, yogurt, granola and a freshly baked pastry complimented by fresh juice and coffee. A good start to each day. Sergio is a very busy fellow during the day with his many business interests but is very generous with his time at breakfast: helping us plan our day or answer questions we had about Merida, Myan culture or whether I paid too much for my Panama hat! One can't review Casa Esperanza and not talk about all the pets. They are a wonderful and a welcomed presence to these two pet lovers. The three dogs live a cloisterd life style in the middle of this bustling city but seem happy with their lot in life. They are free to use the pool and generally exist as if they were out of doors. This keeps Sergio and Oscar, the hired fellow, on there toes picking up after the dogs. All is kepted washed and tidy. The 17 turles are pretty much hidden in the greenery and are fun to watch.

We found the Inn's location easily accessible to where ever we wanted to go in the city. We go accustomed to walking the somewhat dimly lit and abandoned streets after dark. People were friendly toward us at all hours. We found the traffic, nose and polution from cars, trucks and busses a bit overwhelming at times and would recommend travel at non-busy times.

Overall, a nice oasis in the middle of the city with friendly, english speaking hosts.

Room Tip: All seem equally nice.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejoe1234
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 9 wonderful nights at Casa Esperanza in February. From the moment we arrived we felt welcome and relaxed in the beautiful surroundings. Claudette and Sergio were incredible hosts, and we had good times talking and laughing. Sergio's breakfasts were fresh and tasty, and the coffee awesome! He arranged taxis and a tour for us, and was always available for questions, and conversation. The property was spotlessly clean, with lush tropical plants, and the pool refreshing. The dogs were friendly, and fun swimming companions too. Merida is a safe, vibrant and fascinating city with friendly people, and good food. The Casa is on a quiet street within walking distance to the downtown . We loved our room in the beautiful hacienda, but one of the highlights was getting to know Claudette and Sergio. We hope to get back to Merida someday soon, and we will certainly stay again at Casa Esperanza.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple