“BRAVO!!! Best Location and Lunch Deal EVER!!!”
Review of Bravo Tapas - CLOSED

Bravo Tapas
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gourmet de tapas espanolas fusionadas con gastronomia internacional acompanadas de vinos y sangria marinada, mojitos, cerveza y mas..
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We hadn’t been to Merida in over a year, and we were so pleased to return and find a gem of a restaurant right around the corner! Bravo Tapas is a downright deal! They boast a fantastic location along Paseo Montejo, and they have the friendliest owners and wait staff – and no worries if your Spanish is no bueno, they speak great English, too!

Bravo Tapas has a rotating lunch Menu with about 4-5 entree selections and the lunch comes with a small salad, rice, beans, aqua fresco (unlimited refills), and ice cream all for 45 pesos – RELLLY!!! Plus, cerveza is only 20 pesos during lunch. Seriously, where else can you find good food and great prices like this for about $3.50 per person in the US? – You can’t! They have these weekday lunch specials from 11a-2pm. GO!!!

At dinner time, we like to order some tapas (great parmesan fries, goat cheese balls, and assorted nibbles – order the Montejo Plate!), and we love to sit outside, and soak up the great ambiance! Their balconly overlooks the brighly lit Felipe Carillo Monument, and it's always fun to watch all of the people and dogs strolling up and down Paseo Montjeo - all while sipping our scrumptious sangrias and marvelous mojitos! Salud and Bravo!!!!

1  Thank MeridaGal

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The space this restaurant is in had been vacant for four years and there are only a couple of restaurants on Paseo Montejo that are worth the effort. I was dragged there tonight, and, I must admit that I will be kicking myself for not trying it sooner. What a nice place! Great food,drink,service and all at very reasonable prices. This place is a must try.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a layover in merida, one night in the Hyatt. So glad I ventured out for the short walk to this place. Sat out on the upper patio overlooking the main drag, horses and carriages, etc. The sangria was tasty, and the paella was one of the best I've had anyplace. Enough for two if you indulge in some tapas beforehand. Service was exceptional, my server (Cristina) was friendly, attentive, and pleasant. Definitely go here if you are staying at the Hyatt or surrounding area. Good value for quality of food.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Really enjoyed this place. Great place I'll be there as long I am in town. Service was great, nice atmosphere. Accommodate over 25 friends , our first NAFTA party at this restaurant. Good drinks , reasonable prices.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Service was friendly, yet the food was not anything that special. After the great reviews we read here, we expected way more.

Also the ambiance was quite bad.