All reviews an oasis perfect hosts guest rooms helpful hosts other guests place to stay wonderful pool historic centro parque santa lucia white city high ceilings local cuisine spent a week explore merida answer questions delicious breakfast every morning
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in Merida recently and because of my dislike of large impersonal hotels, spent some time searching for a place more to my liking.
I was very lucky to find "Villa Verde"! The property is a delight. Its understated refinement draws attention to the beauty of the house and creates a tranquil place to return to after exploring this beautiful city.
"Villa Verde" is very well located; it is an easy walk to the Zocalo, the Plaza of Santa Lucia and close by Paseo Montejo.
To add further to the pleasure of "Villa Verde", the breakfasts are delicious and artfully presented.
In sum, the owners, Michael and Robert have done a great job and I heartily recommend "Villa Verde" as the place to stay on a visit to the City of Merida.

Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed April 25, 2013

From the moment my friend and I were welcomed into the gorgeously appointed and restored 250 year old villa by our hosts, we were transported into a world of beauty, attention to detail, and total relaxation. Our every needs were met before we even knew what we wanted. Our room was gorgeously appointed: original tile floors, luxurious bedding, handmade soaps, lovely artistic touches. And then Michael's amazing breakfasts, almost too beautiful to eat. We delighted in the fabulous swimming pool on a very hot afternoon and were pampered by the gifted massage therapist who did a superb job of relieving our stress and aching muscles. We were carefully guided to the best restaurants, shopping and local places of interest. We can't wait to return next January.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Centrally located in Merida, this B&B may just be the best place I have ever stayed in 30 years of traveling the globe. Robert and Michael have a gem. The five rooms in this tastefully restored colonial mansion are spacious with 20 foot ceilings and keen decor. The beautiful courtyard, gardens and pool were a welcome respite from the Merida sun. A B&B is only as good as its owners, and R and M are great. They were very respectful of my privacy but always helpful if I needed some guidance about activities in Merida. The breakfasts were delicious and the happy hour was a great way to relax at the end of the day, meet other travelers, and get ready to enjoy the night scene in Merida.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Architecturally stunning property a short walk to the attractions and charm of central Merida. Very relaxing and peaceful environment with two lovely courtyards, outdoor gardens, rooftop sun terrace, and inviting pool. The soaring ceilings in the rooms, and the tasteful decor both inside and out made our stay a delight. The hosts, Michael and Robert, are very knowledgeable about the area, and are eager to share their enthusiasm for the architecture and culture of this lovely city, and insider tips for great places to eat and visit. Breakfasts are very inventive and delicious and happy hour is a fun time to share stories and pick up great tips. Your trip to Merida would be greatly enhanced by staying at his wonderful mansion.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Villa Verde for a little over a week and have to say it is one of the best B&B experiences we've ever had. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, Michael and Bob were beyond accommodating. Take advantage of the daily happy hour and Michael's incredible breakfasts. The only stress I felt the whole time I was there was a result of not knowing whether to relax by the pool or explore all that Merida has to offer, of course we did both. We will be back.

Room tip: We stayed in the room by the pool which was private and amazing. We got to see the other rooms and they all looked top notch.
Date of stay: March 2013