“Awesome dinner, worth 2 Michelin stars”
Review of Kuuk

Kuuk
Reserve with OpenTable
Kuuk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 764 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Food & Wine Magazine - 100 Restaurants in the world worth a pilgrimage 2013 Travel & Leisure Gourmet Awards 2013 - No. 1 New Restaurant in Mexico Travel & Leisure Gourmet Awards 2014 - Nominated to Best tasting menu in Mexico Travel & Leisure Gourmet Awards 2014 - Nominated to Best art of plating Forum Gastronomic Barcelona 2014 - Invited to talk about "Yucatan gastronomy" In only three years, Eduardo Rukos and Chef Pedro Evia have developed a gastronomic sanctuary in the city of Merida using local mexican ingredients mixed with modern cuisine technology in the search for a new Mexican food style.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome dinner, worth 2 Michelin stars”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

During our trip in Yucatan we went to KUUK recommended by our hotel. What a great surprise! An 8 dishes tasting menu for 50 dollars, with highly creative dishes, local products and tastes from Yucatan, organic products from the restaurant's gadrden... All the dishes with a strong personality and a nice history. The chef doesnt hesitate to use molecular techniques to mix textures and does it with success so ad each course is both a beautiful and fun step. It is easily at the level of a 2 michelin stars. A nice wine menu and a good sommelier help to discover mexican wines. A very friendly, professional and knowledgable service staff. Honnestly one of our best meals of the year and we re used to fine cuisine. A hidden diamond with a bright future, Merida, Yucatan and Mexico should be extremely proud of.

• Indonesian first
Seattle
“Elevate Your Expectations of Dining”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This restaurant was so cutting edge that I was stunned to find such a place in Colonial Merida. I consider myself a "foodie" but I had creations I could not have imagined. As with any place taking such risks, some dishes are better conceived and executed than others but what a dining experience you will have if you are open to the possibility of totally new ideas.

• Visited November 2012
oakton
“Something to be treasured”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I hope Merida diners realize what they have in K'u'uk - an absolutely world-class restaurant as far as taste sensation, creativity and execution are concerned. We have now been there twice and the standard is as high, in our estimation, as we used to experience at Fabio Trabocchi's 'Maestro' just outside Washington DC...for a fraction of the price, it must be said.

The concept appears to be a new inventive take on Yucatecan cuisine and makes a point of utilizing locally grown ingredients and local seafood.
I understand that for some the portions are too small, but we are talking about seven very imaginative and beautifully prepared dishes and we did not feel remotely hungry or unsatisfied by the end of the meal. I believe that the clever combination of tastes and the intensity of the sauces are what the courses are all about. The dishes at our second visit were even more delicious than previously - In particular a sauce with some lamb this week was extraordinary in its depth and brilliance and a dessert that featured several different treatments of sapotes was quite one of the best things I've ever eaten. I never thought a plain calabasa could be made into something so tasty and they do things at K'u'uk with avocados that are amazing! The fish, from Progreso, cooked sous-vide was another remarkable taste.

It's possible that an option of a menu of three larger courses might work to the restaurant's advantage and I definitely think that they should get rid of the ridiculous, unwieldy wine decanters. I prefer to control the bottle I've bought myself.

The service was excellent, in spite of/bearing in mind the decanting, and I was pleased that they paced the meal almost exactly as I wished.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank brewster39
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Kuuk”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Enthusiastic wait staff, innovative food, just a great experience. If you are an adventuresome diner this is for you. Plan on 3 to 4 hours, relax and enjoy the experience. Will go there again. Bravo

Visited October 2012