“The perfect place for perfect evening”

Bruno Bistro Gourmet
Ranked #50 of 870 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Friends took us out for an evening. Bruno bistro Gourmet was the most perfect celebration that we could have imagined. the host the food and the wait staff where just perfect. I do not know why we had not discovered it earlier. But we will return with more friends to show them one of the best restaurants in Merida. if you are here already put this place on your things to do. If you are planning your trip make sure it is at the top of your list for thing to experience. It is a can't miss-place!

3  Thank Scott W
BrunoBistro, Propietario at Bruno Bistro Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you very much Scott for your comments. As you surely know we are in a tough business and your message is our reward. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Bruno

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Pretty space with indoor and outdoor seating. Classy but with reasonable prices. We tried a delicious grilled vegetable appetizer, a tasty pepper cream soup, and a very cheesy (gorgonzola) pasta. We enjoyed the wines they recommended to accompany these dishes. My only complaint is that while it is nice to be greeted by the owners, they overdid it a bit, visiting our table several times. We also appreciated the homemade bread. We will visit again for sure to sample more of the menu (we ate very light - we weren't hungry enough for some attractive sounding recommendations)

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We haven't been to Bruno's for sometime so decided to visit with friends who were leaving town for NYE back to the US. Five of us in all and we all ate different starters and main courses. Like most French cuisine the sauces are quite complex. The starters were delicious and not too filling so left plenty of room for the main course. They arrived and were all beautifully plated and I must say my choice was great, my wife's pasta was a little too rich for her so she could not finish it and took the rest home and had it for lunch next day. Everyone agreed that the food was excellent along with the service and the attention of the owners. Just one thing of note we found that the wine selection though limited tends to be on the expensive side for the particular wines on offer. All in all a very nice place to spend a relaxing evening with friends

BrunoBistro, Propriétaire at Bruno Bistro Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Hi, thank you very much for your visit and your time to post your comments. They are very important to us, as in this business there are always things to improve. We hope to see you back soon. Bruno.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

if you are looking for great French Cuisine in Merida, you found it.
It is possibly one of the best French Cuisine in Mexico.
Personal attention of the the owners, recommending the "Plat du Jour".
Food is done with French traditional recipe, with a touch of the Chef.
Presentation of each plate is a delight for the eyes, before eating them.
Service is outstanding.
The hot Brie as a starter is a must.

BrunoBistro, Propietario at Bruno Bistro Gourmet, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you very much for visiting us and for your comments. My wife and I are very happy you enjoyed your dinner and hope we'll have the pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent. Not much more to say. The service...without question, the best trained waiters we have encountered in Merida. The ambiance? Just beautiful inside...terraza lovely. Especially now with the cooler nites. The hosts? Friendly, passionate about quality and service...a pure delight. The wines? Yummmm. They change out based on what best is available. The food? My favorite here. Do i like some dishes more than others? Of course! Is there anything i haven't liked? No!

Let's start with the first visit. I had the lamb. I love lamb. I don't love overcooked, dry lamb. It was perfect. Comes in a sauce with dried cranberries. If you are not into sweeter sauces, ask for it on the side. Speaking of side...can the sides that come with the dish here be any better? Tender fresh string beans...bundled with a slice of bacon. A wedge of flavorful polenta. A ramekin of potatoes (?) with the sweetest onion topping...delish. And i think some asparagus spears. Yummmm

Steak "Rossini". Tender, perfectly cooked beef filet topped with fois gras and topped with a delicious sauce. Yummmm. Sides with this were delicious as well.

Salmon. Wow. Delicious salmon filet served on top of a kiwi sauce...finished with a wasabi cream. My 8 year ordered it twice!

Oh, i forgot appetizers. We have had escargots (the garlic butter is what escargots is all about...i can't wait to have it again...the crispy, light pastry was perfect), stuffed portobello (chorizo stuffing...yum), the grilled vegetable platter which is big enough for 3 of us to share- comes with goat cheese topped breads, a salad (can't remember which but dressing very nice). Oh, to start they serve a delicious kalamata olive tapenade with warm bread (husband doesn't like olives but asks for another plate!)

Oh, amd how can i forget my most recent entrees....duck confit (going back for it this Sunday) and the orecchiete pasta with grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes and roasted garlic. I usually like my pasta "basic" (a fresh pomodoro basil sauce)- tried my husband's last time and ordered it for myself last nite! The one dish that i had that didn't "thrill me"? The shrimp and scallops. Totally fresh, clean. If you like simple, it's for you. I just prefer things with more flavors.

Ok. Will end with dessert- the lavendar creme brulee was worth every single calorie. The trple chocolate dessert? My daughter finished the little dish of ganache with a spoon.

I hope Bruno stands the test of time in Merida. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. What more can you ask for?