“All delicious, but where were noodles?”
Review of Casa Thai

Casa Thai
Ranked #156 of 783 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bridgeport, Connecticut
“All delicious, but where were noodles?”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The one noodle dish (pad thai I believe) is Mondays only. Waaa. I'll bet it was good because my chicken with green curry was delicious! Nice people, too!

Visited January 2013

Merida, Mexico
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I´ve been in many Asian restaurants but in this place the food is just amazing!
I highly recommended it.

• Visited November 2012
Houston
“FINALLY Thai in Merida!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was delighted to find out there was a Thai restaurant in Merida. I read some good reviews and decided it was worth the 65-70 peso taxi ride from the centro.

The owners could not have been nicer....

My 1st trip they did not have jasmine rice.... I asked them if they could get it for my next visit (Thai food isn't the same with just plain white rice imho)

I called and they did have Jasmine rice and I knew it would cost a little more since Jasmine is more expensive than regular rice but the prices are agreeable so that was no problem for me.

Very nice.... I usually spend 1-2 months in BKK every year and have MANY Thai friends that cook for me. This was as good as any Thai I've had and even bought a curry to take away (wished I had bought more to have handy, but I will next time)

There was 1 review here that mentions the owners great service doesn't make up for average food.... maybe he had the same thought I did about the rice?

I will always call 1st to make sure they have the rice but the owner assured me he would be making it a standard option for those that don't mind paying a few extra pesos for it.

I recommend to go if you are in Merida... Thai restaurants are so scarce in Mexico that I hope more Mexicans become Thai foodies!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RobertoEskondida
Newton, Massachusetts
“Friendly owners don't replace quality”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food is good, but not extraordinary, clearly a lot of push reviews out here to help get the new show on the road, but in reality this is a good but not great place and should not be ranked as high as it is. Applaud the efforts of the owners but respect the quality of other hard working restaurateurs out here please. Papaya salad was decent, wife tried pad which was good but had better at common Thai restaurants in the States. As another reviewer mentioned, the dining arrangements are not great here. Will come again, but this is not what I would tell people is a top restaurant in merida. Get real folks.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Manny S
Sunnyvale, California
“Felt like eating at a friend's house”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visited Casa Thai after getting Yucatecaned out during our stay in Merida. The food was authentic and tasty. The couple who runs this cucina is very sweet and between them speak Spanish, English, Chinese, and Thai fluently. The have a wonderful story and showed us pictures of their travels in Asia. We felt like we were dining at a friend's house. Definitely recommended!

• Visited September 2012