“Not up to its trendy website”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merida
Hotel Trinidad Galeria
Ranked #87 of 104 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed March 8, 2007

I fell under the spell of the website, but the property leaves much to be desired. I was offered a pick of rooms - a tiny airless one, or a larger one. Both had scary (stained and buggy) showers and the room was secured on the inside by a lock designed for bathroom stalls.

The pool looked great and the staff was friendly, but we moved somewher else the next day.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank n3rdchik

Mexico
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We stayed at Trinidad Galeria for the budget prize. This is a cheap hotel and a very unique one. Arriving at night is quite spooky as the art gallery is everywhere and very extravagant. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly as all the people in Merida (big change when you go to Cancun!) It is in a great location, you can walk to downtown. Our room was ok. We were glad we had nice weather as we asked for a room with a fan and no AC. The fan was a small table fan.. so I am glad we didnt had hot weather! The water reservoir was just outside the room so we could here the motor of the bomb and the water falling, so ask for a room away from this! The huge windows (near the ceiling, we couldnt see the ground floor) of the bathroom had no curtains and were facing directly to another part of the hotel... not very good for privacy. We did our booking by email and we didnt need to pay in advance or a credit card.

• Stayed: December 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2006

First, I noticed other reviews might to be referring to Hotel Trinidad, its sister hotel, the one with the high ceilings. I stayed in Trinidad GALERIA, and, though interesting, there is simply better value elsewhere.

On the plus side it is clean, the funky art is amusing, the pool is fine. I'm not saying it's horrible. I was forced to move, though, when they sprayed my room with pesticide and it became unbearable. I'm not that picky, but the spray was intense. They were nice enough to move me to a different room, but the beds in that room were pretty bad and there were no curtains on the windows. And, yes, the doors are totally flimsy.

I decided to have a look around and every place in the same price category (3 or 5 dollars more a night) was nicer in every respect. I moved to Santa Lucia, but San Juan on Calle 55 looked comfortable too.

Again, it's OK, but try the others first. No funky art, but a better sleep.

• Stayed: March 2006
17  Thank marybanilow
Reviewed February 25, 2006

Centrally located hotel, within walking distance of zocalo, dining options, bars, breakfast cafes, and with private parking.
Very friendly service, and helpful with directions and suggestions.
Reserved via e-mail, and hotel was quick to respond.
Stayed here early February with my wife (rooms MXP 400, suite MXP 550). Suite (others fully booked the night we stayed) was not a suite as in a big hotel chain (bigger, but not luxurious) but comfortable enough for a night or two.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank Haarlem
Reviewed February 23, 2006

We checked into the Galeria and after a few minutes, my wife and I became very uneasy about the thin, homemade doors and flimsy locks. We're not overly cautious travellers but these rooms could be opened with a nailfile. I explained this to the front desk and despite the fact we had only been in the hotel for less than 10 minutes, they refused to give us a refund of any sort.
Poor security and even poorer customer service add up to a hotel to be avoided in my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2006
12  Thank LakesiderToronto
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2005

Hotel Trinidad is an extraordinary space. The elegance of yesteryear is everywhere evident in this splendid colonial building whose luscious ambiance and attentive staff transport guests to the charm and leisure of Mexico "as it used to be." A sprawling complex saturated with artwork, richly-paneled walls, a lush garden fountain, squawking parrots and a billiard room. Hotel Trinidad also offers a roof-top hot tub and a huge pool just three blocks away at Trinidad's sister hotel-gallery. The free continental breakfast is a fine way to start the day and to share stories with fellow travelers. Believe it or not, British host Mark Swain is the reincarnation of Zorro. Just ask.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Munich
Reviewed May 13, 2005

Me and my friend wanted to stay just for 2 nights in Merida because we made a trip with many stations. But there were too many reasons forcing us to stay longer (4 days) in Merida because of the great hotel Trinidad.
Fact is that you just get so much for very very few money. For example you can watch TV on a really big TV in an airconditioned room. There is also a beautiful terrace on the top of the hotel where a nice jacuzzi and other amneties are located. Concerning location I have to tell you that the hotel is very close to the zocalo (just 3 Minutes to walk).
Onother point is that I never had such a high and big room at any hotel before. The rooms are really nice and you have more than enough place.
What makes the hotel to be the best is above all the great atmosphere there because the stuff is helpful and very nice and the owner (on the picture) is a ---------- coool guy. You'll love 'em and have a lot of fun with him.

That's why I suggest you to go to HOTEL TRINIDAD if you like to visit Merida