“Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Merida
New Brunswick
“Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I found Luz On Trip Advisor and stayed last year. The rooms are incredible, the hotel is fabulous and the Pool is a well needed sanctuary. it was a great place to escape the big city surroundings of Merida, which we loved as well. It is a must, to experience this Hotel. I say try it and it won't be your last visit....Please note that-Our visit was Feb. 2012, it would not let me select this date

Room Tip: I really found to have a room around the courtyard of the pool, great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NewBrunswickJane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

You could not ask for a better hotel anywhere at such a reasonable price - every detail is perfect and you feel well cared for. When you are a real traveler and in Merida, this is where you need to spend a night or a month.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Henry10244
New Ullm, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have stayed at Luz five times now. If you want a first rate experience around a helpful staff and at a very reasonable price, this is the place. Any information you may want to learn about the area is given out freely by owners Tom and Donard. A relaxed atmosphere in the heart of centro. Merida is a good take off point for ruins, cenotes, haciendas and eco tours to see flamingos. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool or with a terrace.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had a wonderful four night stay at Luz En Yucatan. I stayed in the standard room with patio on the third floor. The best aspect of this room is the patio that includes a hammock and a table with chairs. It is absolutely delightful to wile away an afternoon lying the hammock when it is breezy out. I appreciated the privacy, but also enjoyed talking to other guests in other common areas, of which there are plenty. The staff was remarkably friendly and helpful, and took care of booking my tours to Chichen Itza and Uxmal with ease upon check-in. They gave restaurant recommendations, and included a two page info sheet with a map and listing of almost everything you might need. The room was kept well cleaned by the housekeepers and included a large shower with excellent water pressure. There was an air conditioner in the room that I found very adequate and tried not to use too much--there is also a fan in the room that helps circulate the air. There are two beers in the fridge upon arrival as promised which is a very nice touch. Each room has purified water. I really have no complaints--everything was wonderful! I hope to return someday!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed for three nights during the Merida Carnival and were not disappointed. Tom made our stay wonderful and we are coming back. The pool was warm, the beer cold and the other guests made great conversation.

Room Tip: Upstairs over the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin W
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is my second monthly stay at Luz En Yucatan and now that I have returned home I am missing the hotel and the staff. Last year after staying for a month at the hotel I rented a three bedroom colonial home w/pool for a month. It was lovely but it did not offer the experience of the Luz. The staff at the hotel is truly exceptional, they do every and anything to be helpful. Why, I believe it is due to the training given by the hotel owners. The guest are the most important part of their job description, they all treat you like you are a close family friend visiting their home. I love all the little extra's that the hotel provides, but their true value is priceless, becoming part of a culture unlike my own but greatly enjoyed with the help of Luz En Yucatan. The hotel has many room types, basic standard rooms that offer refrigerator, coffee pots and large bathrooms. My favorite room has French doors ( screened) and large window, both face balcony with garden. In the morning I always waken to Doves calling each other and get a wonderful morning breeze through the French doors. I have been in some of the other rooms with galley kitchens, I like to use the main kitchen on the first floor, being a food lover I can spend a whole day at the mercados and return to the Luz to prepare my finds. The hotel gives you a two page orientation sheet to help guide you through Merida, unlike many past experiences this list is really based on facts not who is your uncle or aunt. Tom, one of the owners has a wealth of travel information he is willing to share and helps travelers not only with Merida but other areas of Mexico.

Room Tip: The pool rooms seem to be favorites but I like the upstair rooms for privacy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank docsla
San Pedro, Belize
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Luz for 3 nights last month on our trip to Merida. I found the hotel online and chose it due to low prices and great reviews. We were NOT disappointed. Tom and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable, and the rooms were spacious and very nice. The first night we stayed in a regular "standard" room, which was fabulous, and we couldn't believe where we were for the price. The help-yourself-bar out in the hall was a nice touch, and my husband enjoyed having some tequila before bedtime. After the first night, we had to move to another room because they were so booked up and had new people coming, but it wasn't a problem, as their staff moved our luggage for us. The next room was a bit fancier than the first and just as nice. It had an outside kitchen, a terrace, and a hammock as well as the usual amenities. We were very pleased with everything and are planning to stay there again in a couple of weeks when we take our kids to Merida. We are very excited to be staying at this hotel again, and we have already recommended it to other people we know who may be visiting Merida. Definitely a great value, plus the location is wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple