“great experience once again at this hacienda in metropolitan area of Medira”

Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat
Ranked #39 of 106 Hotels in Merida
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was the fifth time I stayed at Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat, which is a good indication of how much I like it there. While it is not in Merida Centro, it is in the metropolitcan area of Merida, a short drive to Centro. Or one can take one of two local buses. It is an oasis of tranquiity, with two swimming pools and lovely grounds. Hundreds of birds nest in the vicinity at night and leave early in the morning. So nice to hear birds rather than traffic in the morning. The owners will go out of their way to assist you -- or leave you alone to think and meditate. Your choice. The complimentary breakfast on the veranda -- fresh orange juice, fruit, and just about anything you want -- is a wonderful way to start the day. Made and served by the delightful young Mayan lady, Teresa, who is always smiling. There is a town nearby, Kanasin, and it is fun to take a tricolo into that village to stroll through the market and observe the local comings and going. I was the only "gringo" in Kanasis and I had the opportunity to practice my Spanish (dictionary in hand). People were friendly and helpful. Also, there is a nice. clean, colorful restaurant there -- Susana International -- which serves local dishes.

The hacienda is a lovely place, with a variety of rooms, each different. This time I enjoyed staying in the "Casa Principal" (the main house) in a room with a huge dressing room/bathroom. (Note that the pictures on the hacienda's website are truly representtvie of the property. Add to that the soothing atmospere.)

I highly recomend this hacienda/hotel for those who want a taste of old Mexico in a lovely setting, with modern conveniences. This is an easy-going place and great for families with children (there are even two donkeys to amuse them) as well as for seniors and solo travelers.

Room Tip: For those who are pool-centric, ask for a room right by the large pool. If you want total privacy, n...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Kurtis333
There are newer reviews for Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Beautifully upadated hacienda with a friendly and very helpful staff. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms have most modern conveniences. Personalized breakfasts were excellent and staff very helpful. When my wife sprained her foot in a fall in Merida and we stayed put for two days we were provided with an evening meal; even though this wasn't part of the arrangement. The town itself is not attractive and there aren't appealing tourist friendly restaurants. However, it you have a car there are numerous interesting sites in the area, and Merida,a major city, is not far away. If you don't need to be on the beach everyday of your Mexican vacation this hacienda hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Staying at this hacienda was one of the most wonderfully unique and relaxing experiences I've ever had. The owners and staff are friendly, down-to-earth, helpful and provide excellent service. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They make you feel at home. The atmosphere is relaxed and easy going. The grounds are beautiful and full of color and life. Beverages are cheap and the breakfasts are delicious. I would recommend anyone visiting the area to stay here and definitely more than one night.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I am a pilot for a major airline based in the United States. I have stayed at more hotels and been in more cities than most people will see or stay at in a lifetime. My wife and I have traveled extensively. We have never gone back to the same place twice… until we found Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat. If you want to experience Mexico this is the place to go. We found it to be safe, tranquil and charming. It is centrally located in the Yucatan making all of places we wanted to see a day trip. From shopping in Merida to exploring Cenotes and Ruins we enjoy it all. Well, my wife likes the shopping, I prefer the ruins, craftsman and Cenotes.

In all of my travels I have never met owners or managers as accommodating as Iona and JR. The level of concern and care was unprecedented. They genuinely wanted to make sure we had a wonderful vacation and were willing to go to great lengths to make sure we were happy and well taken care of.

If you want a fancy resort, go to Miami. If you want to experience Mexico and all of its flavors, stay at Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat. Iona will guide you to all of the must see sights.

We were impressed with the quality of the rooms and service. Our room was spacious, clean, well air conditioned and had plenty of hot water for the Jacuzzi and shower. The daily breakfast was varied and excellent. I was going to post some pictures, but there are plenty on here that are true to the flavor and beauty of this classic, timeless Hacienda.

My wife and I have found a vacation destination that we will be taking advantage of for years to come. We feel like we are going home to visit family, this place rocks!!

Dave Illig

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

My ten-year-old daughter and I ended up staying an extra night because we like this place so much. I felt like I was in a Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel... in a faded but elegant old henequen plantation with secret stairways, colorful birds, friendly burros, fountains, butterflies and winding trellises. The owners couldn't have made us more comfortable - upgrading us to a two-bedroom suite and serving us a delicious - and speedy (rare for Mexico)- breakfast every morning so we could be on our way for the day. The hacienda is perfectly located - about 20 minutes outside Merida. There's a bus that runs into the city every 15 minutes, right across the street, or you can drive or taxi in. We found the bus the easiest. Driving anywhere from the hacienda is easy, because it's just off the main highway from Cancun... so you can easily get anywhere else you want to go in the area. It's a perfect place to stay if you want to combine touring the city with touring the ruins, cenotes, caves etc... in the countryside.

Other things I liked:
-staff was wonderful and made me feel safe and welcome
-quirky and fun
-nice animals that my daughter enjoyed
-lovely pools
-beautifully decorated with comfortable beds, great linens, lots of hot water. We slept really well.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2010

This was our second year visiting the Hacienda. It was like we never left. Our needs were met immediately and we were treated as honored guests. The trip downtown in the tricycle is not to be missed. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet and make for a great night's sleep. We have started our months trip here for two years now and will continue to do so. It is a beautiful place and you will feel very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mathnutty
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We were very pleased with the beautiful Hacienda hotel and our modern, clean and comfortable rooms. The staff made us feel welcome as we relaxed around the pool and spacious grounds.
Just beyond the noise of Merida, we enjoyed the quiet nights at the Hacienda for sleeping. We will re-book when we next visit Merida.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denallen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merida
Hacienda Misne
#32 of 106 in Merida
Hotel Casa San Angel
Hotel Casa San Angel
#33 of 106 in Merida

Been to Hacienda San Pedro Nohpat? Share your experiences!