See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The rooms and grounds of this hacienda are wonderful. However, the restaurant was hugely overpriced and the quality of food was mixed. Breakfast was also disappointing. We would recommend with the proviso that you should try and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Still_travelling2
Fertibob, Propriétaire at Hacienda Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

thank you to take time for commentary ....very sorry that you didn't enjoy the food .
Robert

Reviewed September 25, 2010

A very special and absolutely lovely Athmosphere - perfect to make a good relaxing time!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Fertibob, Propriétaire at Hacienda Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

thank you ...Robert

Reviewed December 18, 2009

Before I start to give my review I would like to point out that I work in the 5 Star/Diamond Hotel Industry as a manager for 17 around the world for top hotels. I usually don't like to stay at hotels because i can't "disconnect" from work as I keep looking and focus on operational aspects. This said, I spent 3 night over thanksgiving in Hacienda Santa Cruz with my fiancee and her parents and I have to say that I was incredibly surprised on how I felt upon my departure. As a hotelier working in international companies I want to thank Frank and Caroline, the owners, for keeping alive the concept of hospitality...the foundation of our industry. They have done an incredible work on the Hacienda making a beautiful and functional place to relax and enjoy. The grounds and property are beautiful and one can relax and unwind completely. Who cares if you don't have TV and telephones etc when the property is so visually stimulating. Also, the feeling of being guests in their home is a great touch that can't be achieved in commercial hotels. Food was great ( albeit a tad expensive if you live in Mexico but very good ), the location is fantastic because you are close to downtown Merida and the the sites around the yucatan but in a wonderful and idillic setting.
Thank you again for a wonderful stay and great memories and I ask the Tripadvisor readers to support such wonderful Hoteliers that embrace the lifestyle and allow us to live such wonderful moments.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Fertibob, Propietario at Hacienda Santa Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

your comentary is an honor for us ...we are very proud ...I think your right whn you speak about the " atmosphere" ...and the fundation of the Hospitality industry ......this is the most important thank you very much Robert

Reviewed January 29, 2009

This hacienda is the perfect place for a holiday: it lies outside Merida ( buses pass by all the time and taxi's are available to get you into town in 20 minutes). Robert and Caroline Franck are such wonderful hosts, friendly, informal and they anticipate on everything you might me needing. Caroline is also a very good cook, she mixes french, creole and mexican food into very tasty dishes. The other staff is very good, they love what they are doing and that's all centered on giving you a good time.
We were there during the Xmas-holidays for 11 days; we were there with our family of 8 persons ( 6 adults and 2 children aged 7 and 9) and we really didn't want to leave. We all travel a lot and are critical people, but our conclusion for once was unanimous: this was the best hotel we have ever stayed in!
The hacienda has 2 pools, a big garden, a spa and rooms ( all different) scattered on the premises, so you have a lot of privacy. We stayed in 2 suites, those were huge with incredible bathrooms ( never seen such big baths) and private terraces.
Everything was very clean and lovingly restored in a beautiful mixture of old and modern style. We really couldn't think of anything that needed changing, but the most wonderful thing remained the atmosphere of staying with friends.
Robert and Caroline speak fluently english, spanish and french, a bonus which helped in arranging trips to everything interesting the Yucatan has to offer.
If you want to have a holiday in which you are spoilt rotten in beautiful surroundings, go to this perfect place!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We spent a few nights at the Hacienda Santa Cruz and could believe our luck in finding this place. This hacienda is located on a large property that has been completely renovated by the French owners. There are only 9 rooms but they have been beautifully renovated with all of the modern conveniences. The food is prepared by the owners wife and is amazing . They pair it with wines from Argentina.

We enjoyed the place so much we discussed having our daughters wedding here!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)