“Very nice cheap hotel”

Ranked #61 of 103 Hotels in Merida
Lugano, Switzerland
“Very nice cheap hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Probably the best deal in town. Great location, low rates, clean, a/c, pool and really nice place and people. Right down town and just can't beat it

• Liked — The price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chicago
Reviewed March 26, 2008

I called the hotel to make a reservation. They asked me to send an email with all the information and I did it. They forward me with the confirmation. When I arrive to the hotel they had cancelled my reservation without notice leaving me without hotel and without any help in a city that I did not know. I was traveling for a wedding and I missed half of it because of them.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Merida hotels

Washington, DC
Reviewed July 8, 2007

I had stayed the night before in the Hotel El Flamingo where I was plagued by bed bugs and was looking for an inexpensive but clean hotel nearby. I was happy to find the Hotel San Juan. It was very clean and comfortable. It is centrally located. I only stayed one night but felt very comfortable there. The room is air conditioned and had a ceiling fan as well. I did notice that around the doors and windows there were gaps where mosquitoes could enter although I did not have any problems with this and did not notice any mosquitoes in the room.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — possible mosquito entry
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank viajero5
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 10, 2006

I've read a review from last year on this hotel and have no idea what that person is talking about as this is a very clean hotel. I didn't see any trash by the pool or dirty sheets in our room. We had planned on staying next door at the Luz en Yucatan because we had stayed there before but they were full. The hotel San Juan had a great price, a/c, clean rooms and a nice pool. They are also close to the main plaza and there are a couple computers in the lobby with internet access. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Northern California
Reviewed November 6, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel San Juan by chance, as we were evacuated from Isla Mujeres because of Hurricane Wilma. We did not plan on going to Merida, but were glad to be there. Hotel San Juan is in very close to the center of Merida where everything happens. The hotel was clean, had a pool, a place to eat breakfast and an internet connection (very impt. to us at the time) We stayed there a week during the Hurricane, then left and came back for a few more days. We ended up leaving because a large group of college students came and partied all night long. They then took over the pool area and it was like a frat party. We moved next door to Luz in Yucatan - a very different hotel than San Juan.
I would recommend staying at Hotel San Juan as long as a large group is not there. It is a great value. Ask for a discount if you are staying more than 2 days.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank Retrodaisy
Berkeley, CA, USA
Reviewed November 3, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel San Juan for a slightly extended period during Hurricane Wilmer. The hotel was the best of our entire trip and great value. The room was clean, the shower was warm, the pool and patio area were a beautiful respite from the busy streets outside. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Our car was safe in a locked and guarded parking area. I can recomend Hotel San Juan without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank thirdnormal
Reviewed April 19, 2005

Rooms dirty and full of mozzies....blood everywhere from previous guests squashing the little blighters!!
Not sure if they had changed the sheets as bed was full of hairs and stains.
Pool dirty....rubbish around pool area (empty bottles, toilet paper, paper,etc)
If they took more care in the cleaning department could be a nice to stay as it is central with a rather charming disposition.

Maybe we arrived on a bad day, but would advise to find another hotel .

• Stayed April 2005