“Reliable Top Quality Gourmet Food... It's "Aqua"”
Review of Acqua Restaurante

Acqua Restaurante
Ranked #76 of 764 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
texas
“Reliable Top Quality Gourmet Food... It's "Aqua"”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Glad to see this place on this list. From many visits since they opened about six years ago, i can state that without exception, i have received delicious, gourmet quality food here with friendly and professional service. It's a low key place that is usually filled with families living in the neighborhood, especially on weekends at mid-day. Duck breast in a fig sauce with a rice soufflé, Thai Green Curry, many pasta and fish dishes etc., along with house specials that change from time to time. The owner, Ernesto, and his gourmet chef wife, personally run the show, and they have trained their staff to treat their customers as friends and family. One good sign is that the staff has hardly changed over the years. i can't recommend this fine restaurant too highly!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank veteranworldtraveler

New Providence, New Jersey
“Five stars for Sure!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went to Acqua for lunch today. This was my second visit and I felt compelled to write a review today.

The food is fantastic. I must admit to looking around the restaurant at what everyone was eating and it all looked like it was very well presented an delicious.

Owned by a husband and wife team, he was active throughout the restaurant, interacting with everyone and making sure everything was perfect.

It is a great restaurant in Merida - if you're visiting and staying in Centro (like us) - don't hesitate to take the $4 taxi ride to get there!

We'll definitely be back!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank fhpete
“The Best Restaurant in Merida”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

If you want the best food in Merida, this is your place. We live here and frequent many restaurants, but I can tell you for flavor, service, and value, this is the best. The restaurant is very clean, ambiance is good but not as good as some other restaurants in Merida.

The restaurant is family owned. The owner (Alfredo) often greets you. The wife (Maricella) serves as the chef that creates the innovate recipes. The food is consistently good which is surprising for Merida restaurants.

Most everything is good, but try this.

Ensalada Acqua or Ensalada Gourmet (Salads, Both Great)
Tarta Gorgonzola (Appetizer) Simply amazing
Boqinette Fish in Xcatic Sauce

I promise, I traveled for 10 years on an expense account and could eat at any restaurant I chose in cities like San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Austin, and Boston - You will be hard pressed to find a better appetizer or fish dish.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank John P
Merida, Mexico
“Excellent time”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I went with two friends and it was a first time for three of us. My wife has eaten there several times and always loves the service and food. She was not disappointed this time either. The four of us shared the starters and they were very good, the wine that we ordered was a Pinot Noir and unfortunately it was off but they exchanged it for another wine and that was fine. The meals came when we requested them and everything was excellent except for the Salmon that was a bit dry but still very tasty according to the person who ordered it. The service was excellent except for telling us that the wine should taste like what we experienced and yet the waiter never even tasted it. Just a slight hiccup really. So with two starters, two G&T's, three Rum and Cokes, five mineral waters, one bottle of wine, four main courses, and a huge dessert that could have fed four easily the total bill was MP$1,850 including tip. For such good food, the atmosphere and service I thought was very reasonable in fact inexpensive. I will be back.

• Visited March 2012