“We loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Rueda

La Rueda
Ranked #59 of 736 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
NJ
“We loved it!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ordered the cowboy steak, cordero (lamb) and the veal. Everything was excellent! I believe each was under $20. The bottle of malbec we had was like $30. WARNING cash only. Also be aware you might have to wait, we were lucky and did not. They are working on outside seating which might be done by now certainly by end of May which should eliminate some if not all the seating issues. If we had some extra time we would have gone again!

• Visited April 2013

San Francisco, California
“A piece of Argentina in Merda”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great food, good wine and a very nice ambiance. If you want to try something different than Mexican, this is a good choice.

Visited February 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great steaks”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm from Denmark, and I've never had steaks this good in my home country. My favorite steak (Corizo, something like Rib Eye) costs 175 pesos (14 USD) which I consider very cheap for a fantastic steak.

Visited January 2013
Montreal
“Porterhouse for 2 - perfectly done & juicy”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am fussy with my steaks - I like my beef almost rare but hot not cold. This one was absolutely one of the best I had...If you don't mind sharing (It was a HUGE steak) Both side of the TBone were cooked right, even the huge filet

Next day and I am still thinking about it...

The green salad was perfect side with it. I had a bit of problem reading the Spanish menu but that's my fault not theirs...

• Visited February 2013
“Best Steak I Have Ever Had”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

La Rueda is in a really small street and we wouldn't find it that easy if we didn't take a cab. The open hours are from 12:30pm to 5:30pm for lunch and dinner begins at 7:30pm, until 12:00am; so don't go there too early.
We ordered salad and that was perfect! The salad sauce was special and the lettuce tasted so good!
The steak was excellent. I asked for rare, even though the outside looked well done, inside was with blood, which was my favorite.
We asked ice cream as desserts. Perfect!

• Visited December 2012