“Delicious food”
Review of Namaste Bistro - CLOSED

Namaste Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in Merida! Great service, delicious food. have been eaten a lot of Indian food in my life and I have I have to say that this is some of the best Indian food I've had. If you've never had Indian food, then you don't know what you are missing. It's so flavorful and healthy, too! If you are tryiing Indian food for the first time, then you have to go here!

There are newer reviews for Namaste Bistro

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a delightful Indian restaurant. We found on Google while heading into Merida after visiting several different ruins in a single, long, tiring day. Gotta love road trips.

The owner, Craig, an American with an Indian wife, was a friendly and gracious host, answering many questions about the food, preparation, etc. We had two curry dishes, one chicken, one lamb, tandoori chicken. We had 3 orders do Naan bread. Plenty of salsas/sauces were available.

This is an intimate (small) place that locals can easily find. The street name translates to Chamber of Commerce, in a strip center. Cámara de Comercio is a well traveled, but not too busy street that is often used going between Grand Plaza and Plaza Altabrisa, two popular malls on the north side of town.

The only possible thing I can whine about is the cost of the Naan bread, $30 pesos, about $2.50 US, for 4 slices. Sooo good that 4 ppl ate 3 orders. Everything else was a bargain.

I look forward to my next trip to Merida and some more great Indian cuisine. I think this is the only Indian restaurant (I live out of town, 3-4 hours away) in Merida. A great find.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

It's Sunday afternoon and everything is closed. Just when I think I am doomed to tuna fish sandwiches at home, my husband discovers Namaste Bistro. This is just the kind of restaurant I like: small, authentic, and rich in atmosphere and flavors. In years past we traveled to India regularly and found this to be some of the best Indian food we have ever had. Sunday afternoon they have a small buffet that is wonderful. I do not know all the names of the dishes but they were so flavorful. There was grilled shishkabobs, fantastic tandoori chicken and my favorite was a diced chicken in some sort of creamy nut and curry sauce. Poured over their golden basmati rice, it was culinary bliss. They also had assorted fried vegetables, fresh handmade naan (a soft Indian flat bread) and stuffed dumplings , greens with fried tofu and mint, assorted fruits and more. Even if you are not adventurous when it comes to new food experiences, the buffet makes it easy to try everything. My picky 12 year old even liked it. The service was great. The owner, Craig, doted over the buffet and us like we were family. We will definitely be coming back. If you want to try something fresh, and "muy rico" visit Namaste.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great food and good people make an awesome experience. This place is AMAZING.

The concept of Indian cuisine in Mexico is not only innovative the result will be the first thing you tell people about when you get home.

Ask for Craig the owner, he's not the boss, his wife is the boss, he's just the owner. Politics, religion, sexuality but especially finance. Share your opinion and get an earful.

This is a MUST VISIT when you go to the Yucatan. Even if you are in Cancun it is worth the trip. Check out the Facebook page.

1  Thank RejjSmooth
Reviewed October 14, 2012

If you are a bit tired of the traditional yucatecan panuchos, tacos and tamales, try this authenically crafted hindu cuisine, hosted by Craig.
If you are on the lookout for a bargain, don't miss his delicious Sat. or Sunday buffet and sample several dishes made fresh with organic ingredients, fresh nan bread baked on site, raita yoghurt and cucumber to refresh the palate, and beverage included. I ordered a delicious Mango lassi (yoghurt and mango beverage) as an extra treat, leaving my last sip as a dessert to end the repast.

2  Thank Yucagringa