“This is not a vegetarian restaurant”

2012 Espacios Mayas y Algo Mas
Ranked #187 of 801 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is not longer a vegetarian restaurant but has a regular menu and a separate vegetarian menu. BEWARE of items on the veggie menu containing guten. The main ingredient is meat but the staff seem to believe it's vegetarian and will pass it off as vegetarian. It's not. Check it out for yourself in a supermarket if in doubt.

There are newer reviews for 2012 Espacios Mayas y Algo Mas

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am back in Merida to do some work for the next few weeks. I get breakfast at the hotel I am staying at but other meals - well I have to find something that fits my vegetarian diet.
I always stop in at this restaurant because I get great tasting food at a reasonable price and it is vegetarian. I don't have to figure out in regular restaurants which items are vegetarian.
They have typical Mexican dishes like enchiladas and burritos but many more.
I am happily working my way through the menu.
Great smoothies.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The options for vegetarian restaurants in Merida are rather limited. While staying in Merida with my fiance we looked up our options for vegetarian food and came across this one. The first time we stopped around 12:30pm we found that this place did not open until 2pm (which it does not say on the front door to the restaurant) on a Tuesday and decided not to wait and try somewhere else.

The next day while strolling through town we decided to give it a go and it was great. They offered a couple vegetarian dishes with Mayan flavor, as well other good fresh food. I had the enchiladas and a salad, which were both quite tasty. The pricing was reasonable as well. If you're in Merida in Centro and are looking for good vegetarian food, you cannot go wrong with this place.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Well - actually I have only eaten in a couple of restaurant in Merida but when i found this one I was quite content.
My son and I were travelling from San Cristobal de las Casa (via Palenque) and I was looking forward to returning to a restaurant that I enjoyed eating at when were last in Merida (a few years ago).
Though we were only there for one night we ate three meals there.
Good food, reasonable prices, good mission.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Finally a restaurant in the yucatan with more than 3 or 4 choices (of the same thing).
THIS PLACE IS A GEM. We've been twice already and plan to go twice more incur three day stay in Merida. Very diverse menu from pasta to Mexican to yucatecan to good ol burgers and sandwiches...and all vege!
Tasty, great friendly service, beautiful garden courtyard with amazing mural. Enjoy...we did!