“Best Ceviche and Owner”

Marlin Azul
Ranked #92 of 804 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The owner was closing up for day. I did not realize all the food had been completely sealed and put away when i mentioned to the owner it was my last day in Merida and i love ceviche and heard he had the best in town. Great guy. He offered to quickly fix me a plate and i graciously accepted. It was fantastic. What a great little gem and excellent hospitality!

There are newer reviews for Marlin Azul

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is not an attractive restaurant, but the food is fresh, very good and not expensive. Excellent choice for a limited budget.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Not very big in size but definitely a great value and great food. The shrimp were incredible. I had the shrimp parillla which were plentiful and delicious with rice and salad. The fried shrimp also looked incredible, And the shrimp cocktails a good size. All food was very reasonably priced for the amount of food and the wonderful flavours. Definitely will return on a future trip to Merida.

Only open until about 4 PM

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Since I've lived in Merida for 12 years now and I eat at Marlin Azul every week I'm very grateful to see it so low on the trip advisor ratings. I have never had a bad meal here. The seafood is always fresh. I never tire of the breaded grouper or mixed seafood ceviche. In season the octopus is excellent as ceviche or in it's ink. I'm not a huge fan of the shrimp or mixed seafood fajitas but they are very popular with the locals...and it is mostly locals living or working downtown that you will find eating here. You have a one in five chance of meeting me here on any weekday...I love it!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is one of those places were you can see more locals than the tourists. Very fresh and delicious sea food. Hudge plates in a very reasonable prices. Although the service is not the best one I would still highly recommend this place.